1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

matrix infinity pstwo

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by insanecon, Jan 8, 2005.

1. studizzle

studizzle Member

hahahaha... Rip it out.

NO dont rip it out, i would take it back to whoever sold me the chip and installed and see if they will give u a refund or a replacement ORIGINAL infinity.

Good luck.

2. wsssup

wsssup Member

I got the p2 to boot up somehow.. After taking it apart and looking at my dodgey clone chip and putting it back together it booted up...

So i thought while i had the chance i would upgrade to 1.39.
    So far no problems, although i will be taking it back to get the dodgey chip pulled out, dont even know if they themselves know they are installing clone chips.

3. studizzle

studizzle Member

My guess is they do, anyone who installs modchips for a liiving should know the difference between the real deal and the fake stuff, its pretty obvious when u look at it.

I wouldnt recommend flashing to 1.39, it might make ur chip a paper weight.

4. _javi_

_javi_ Member

i saw some fixes to be applied to the Modbo, but i guess it's better to use it as it is, and try not to pretend it's a real Matrix Infinity.
    It's a cheap clone. It does it work. Don't ask for more or you will be in troubles.

5. spyman

spyman Regular member

just be safe and get a dms4 lite :p

seroiusly though too many clones out there, but even the original has its issues with the slim ps2s, which is why I don't use it anymore.

For slim my recommendation is magic kx+ with summ0ne fix.

6. ABZ123

ABZ123 Member

HELP ... Help, HELP.. :(((

I had one of the original PS2 with the Mesiah 2 Chip and for many years now we became close friends... All that changed when the laser died on me!! :(((

Even after getting it replaced, it was never the same, and within a few months it failed.

I decided to get the Slim PS2 and have it MODed with the Matrix Infinity (all purchased and fitted today). When I got round to test my backups, only a few worked, but the majority will not load. I get the Playsation 2 (with Matrix Infinity 1.36) logo then the screen goes black and nothing happens.

Please help!!! :(((

7. studizzle

studizzle Member

8. ABZ123

ABZ123 Member

I have just tested the upgrade and it has not resolved the problem...

:(((

9. ABZ123

ABZ123 Member

I got it FIXED :))))

First of all I got the chip replaced and the problem was not resolved. I then had it completely rewired (the chip) and still the same prob.

Eventually, we were left with no option except that there was something wrong with the PS2. I got it replaced and got the new one chiped. It worked a treat.

All up and runing.

BTW> Have any of you had any problems with pixels? When viewing the FMV for Kessen 3, I notice that in some areas it is very pixalated (you can see the boxes). I have not noticed this with any other game as yet.

I have the latest version of the firmware (1.39).

10. ssjakie

ssjakie Member

I use a modbo in my ps2 V12 and it has been flashed to 1.39 without problems.

As long as you don't touch the matrix setup screen all will work 100% like an original Matrix infinity.

11. caipei

caipei Guest

Hi,
    I bought 10 pcs Matrix Infinit SE and prepare to mod my friends' PS2. After read the post, I don't want them anymore. Will someboday want to buy them? I'm willing to sell them very cheap. Please email me: [​IMG]
    Thanks!
    Patrick

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2005
  12. jhengens

jhengens Member

why being afraid of the clone chips? just tell your friends not to trie entering the menu or updating the chip. tell them what happens when they try and tell that the chips are cheaper and work just the same. why changing the config menu? there is no need. people just want to try things out, but they will defenetly not try if you tell them about the clones. why paying a lot more for chips that work the same as the much cheaper clones?

13. caipei

caipei Guest

Matrix Infinity SE:
    1 pce: $15 shipped in USA
    10 pcs: total $120 shipped in USA

email me: igotbannedforthis@afterdawn.com
    Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2005
  14. Mufc_Rule

Mufc_Rule Regular member

This aint ebay!

15. gorec9897

gorec9897 Regular member

if you can't update the chip you can't get future updates and added features, it is NOT the same and it's certainly not infinity ;-)

16. gorec9897

gorec9897 Regular member

[bold]caipei[/bold], you need to read the rules of this forum!!!

Last edited: Apr 12, 2005
  17. studizzle

studizzle Member

I agree, i would certainly prefer to spend the extra money and get the real deal.

18. angelrock

angelrock Member

Hi!

I got pwned by ModBo too when trying to meddle with the confing screen. Has anyone tried using a v1.38 disk to reset'em? Has it worked?

Thanks! ^_^

19. Oppy89

Oppy89 Member

Hey im having the same problem with a clone matrix infinity chip, i was wondering. when u enter the settings and it damages the chip, does it just damage the clone chip or does it damage the main board of the ps2? if i replace my chip with a real matrix infinity will it work again? if u can help me please do

20. ssjakie

ssjakie Member

You can safely upgrade your modbo tot the latest software (1.4(beta)).

It works in 100% of the cases!

Just do NOT TOUCH THE CONFIG SCREEN because it will fry your chip! (not the PS2, if you disconnect the chip and place a new one it will work like a charm)

The modbo is a fine chip and it's cheap (11 Dollar)and works like a matrix chip so what else do you want? And why should you change the config schreen, everything is automatic.....

And for all of u who have a modo chip and thought it's an original matrix: DO YOUR HOMEWORK BETTER BEFORE BUYING STUFF FROM PEOPLE YOU DON'T KNOW...... (and if you have been told it was an original and it 's not then the seller should be slaughterd like a false stray dog)

Last edited: Apr 22, 2005