Max Payne 2 Problem?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by nooberguy, Mar 1, 2006.

1. nooberguy

nooberguy Member

I swear I'm having more problems backing up my xbox collection. This time I'm having trouble with Max Payne 2. The backup will actually start, but on the first loading screen to the first level it freezes up. The original played fine. I've looked at several trouble shooters, like deleting cache file and setting MSDashbroad to correct time, did those things with no success. Some1 said change the IRG, or IGR setings but I can't find those and I also thing that was for loading the game on hard drive I'm doing mine off of disc so any advise please help?

Running Evo version 2.6

2. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

IGR stands for In Game Reset. Some games can be screwy with this enabled. You can change your evox settings to turn it off using the settings screen or by editing the evox.ini directly.
    Not sure it will solve your problem though. It could.

3. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

Have you tried to reinstall the dashboard?? I just solved a problem with my buddys Xbox where just about every game was freezing at load screen on his Evox dash, reinstalling the dash fixed the problems. By any chance, are you running the latest version of Dvd2Xbox??

4. nooberguy

nooberguy Member

Thanks for the advise. But the problem is that I bought mine off a web site and have no idea how to go about doing that, I'm scared I'll screw something up and never be able to run a game again.Is there a tutorial somewere that shows how to do that? and I mean a easy one that I won't get confused with? Oh and by the way I'm running Evo 2.6.

P.S. Have standard HDD so I run my games on DVD-R.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2006
  5. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

6. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

My mind is blank right now but there are literally hundreds and thousands of sites and forums with information on reinstalling the evox dash, my mind is just blank right now. Do a google search and you'll see what i'm talking about.

7. steimy

steimy Active member

Get Slayer 2.6_final
    if you have a modded Xbox that is. It can reinstall EvoX and manyu other apps.

But if your dashboard is working and not giving you errors then reinstalling it would be my last step. If your other games work then the problem most likely lies somewhere else.