1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maxell DVD-R Japan vs Taiwan Truth

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by Sentagram, Jan 14, 2006.

1. lasher003

lasher003 Guest

I have spent a considerable amount of time researching this! I used to use my PS2 to watch DVD's. And it would play most anything! However i purchased an Onkyo player and it is very picky! It seems to like Maxell +R discs made in Japan! Bottom line is!! It depends on your burner!! And your player! Had i not switched from my PS2 i would never have known there was varying quality in DVD Media. Here is a link that has a pretty good guide!http://digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm

If it works for you use it

2. brobear

brobear Guest

If it were just that simple. However, you have brands such as Fuji that have their generic media and then that made by outside manufacturers. I bought TY media sold under the Fuji label. This practice goes on with other brands and manufacturers as well and the results vary according to the manufacturer of the media. I didn't see Fuji on the A list. Not a lot of people know about the manufacturer codes and about manufacturers selling to various brands. You can have a TY, Fuji, or Sony and possibly have the same disc. So, look at the guides and comparisons, just remember there's more to the story. And from personal experience I can say some of the media on the digitalfaq chart are wrong. For example the ricohjpn media I've found to be top notch, both quality wise and in compatibility. This example was recorded in 04, the jitter is low and the PiPO barely spikes above 0 on the graph, you have to look closely to see it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

ashj- Well said & to the point ! Kudo's

4. brobear

brobear Guest

BIGTOXY69
    What did he say? ;) How's it goin?

5. ashj

ashj Regular member

thank u BIGTOXY69, ^ ^

6. brobear

brobear Guest

LOL I'm still wondering what you said. It was so long ago...