maybe something to add to site

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by LAZY321, Sep 30, 2003.

1. LAZY321

LAZY321 Member

have a toll of how many times a thread has been viewed because i am curious how many times someone looks at a thread i post and doesnt bother to reply. this may make things slower, i am not sure, but maybe do it for the first two pages of threads and once ones are old just fade them out.

just an idea

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Yep, this is in the plans and the code is already ready for this, only issue is really the fact that it would slow down the forums a bit -- current forum software beats hands down all non-commercial and most commercial forum tools in terms of speed (we deliver 5M forum pages a month using only one server). But as said: its coming.

And thanks for the suggestion, all feedback is appreciated :)

3. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Where's the donation button for buying the second server lol ;-)

4. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

We got five servers, they just aren't very cleverly organized right now, because our ISP doesn't offer facilities for load-balanced clusters. I.e. building load-balancing ultimately requires changing service providers, which is always a huge hassle.

5. LAZY321

LAZY321 Member

well whenever it happens, cool, but if not that is ok. sounds like you have someother things to deal with first anyways. by the way this website/forum is sweetness keep up the work, in a chessey way