1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MC exploit through HDadvance?

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by sirandyb, Apr 3, 2005.

1. MIKETHET

MIKETHET Member

Utopia: It is loaded and ready to connect, that is as far as it goes newbie.

Everyone else: email me for info on a boot disk/exploited mem card combo.

Mike

2. SuperXL

SuperXL Regular member

nevermind about my question everyone. i found the answer. i was not running the independence installer at first which is why it didnt work. then i used version 3.x and got a white screen, so i dropped down to version 2.x and now my exploit works.

3. SuperXL

SuperXL Regular member

has anyone tried to exploit a bigger sized memory card? i forgot the name of the card i have but it's 16MB. i tried the exploit, and nothing happened. is it because the card is not an original ps2 memcard?

4. SuperXL

SuperXL Regular member

found the answer for myself about the 16MB card. but does anyone know where i can find a larger sized MC for the PS2?

5. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I never thought of this,but can you put the Swap Magic on hdloader/hdadvance and load it.Then from there boot Swap Magic off the hdloader/hdadvance to install the exploit.SuperXL I am not real sure bro,your best bet would probably come from getting a second memcard.If you buy a larger memcard you will probably end up with garbage bytes when you install,not real reliable man.I also have the 16mb memcard and it doesn't seem to handle as well as the official memcards.You know what would be nice though,if you could use a pen drive to store the exploit save and launch from a pen drive(they can store alot of space,might be possible with ARMax or similiar 3rd party companies in the future).I don't know if that would be possible though,that would be nice if later on someone adds this function in.

6. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Oh and drpuzzled if you edit your title.db file by opening it up in wordpad or a text document.You can edit the PS1/PSX titles to trigger your exploit.Find out what the Slus code is for your trigger disc,then just input it into the title.db file.It should work fine after you fix this.I hope this helps you out,make sure you have the Slus code right though or it won't work.It will just keep booting the PS1/PSX game instead of your exploit.