1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Media Sales 2/19-2/25

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by Jasper44, Feb 14, 2006.

1. peteacher

peteacher Member

Well I checked the Sony DVD-R's that I purchased at both Best Buy and Circuit City. All were MIJ spindles but they coded out as Sony Recording Media Co., SONY08D1... Guess I wasn't so lucky after all. So let me ask this... I should not put anything of major importance on these right?

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

After the war I got into with UPS last week, I'd hate to order anything right now. I ordered some shiny inkjet printable Ty-g02's. These needed signed and UPS shows up an hour before I get off of work.They wanted me to drive an hour to the disribution center if I wanted them bad enough!!!!!!!!They should be back at rima in a day or 2.

Fed ex also pi**es me off! One nock on your door and they are gone in a flash!

Does meritline use DHL for shipping? LOL

3. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

saugmon,

I don't know but why don't you have them shipped to where you work?

4. bunnyrip

bunnyrip Regular member

Mort81,
    That's a Good Point. I Always have stuff shipped to where I work. Because we get UPS, Fed-Ex & DHL shipments there every day.

5. buckfush

buckfush Member

does anyone know what the media code is on them lightscribe verbatims?

6. DVDRipGuy

DVDRipGuy Regular member

what is this thing about the media code on dvd-/+r how do i know im getting the right one's i'm using office depot dvd-r 8x are they good???

7. Jasper44

Jasper44 Regular member

The Sony's you got are still good media, they just aren't TY.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2006
  8. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Buckfush:
    Those verbatim lightscribes are coded MCC-003 in the plus 8x speed.Great stuff!

DvdRipGuy:

Those OD dash 8x should code as Ritek-g05.Very good stuff.My benqs prefer the plus format so I avoid the dash's.
    The plus 8x are Ritek-r03. All 8x OD media should code as ritek media without worrying about which quantity of spindle you get. I've gotten riteks in the 50 and 100 pack spindles.I'm just waiting for that next buy 1/get 2 free so I get them for 20 cents each.

On their OD 16x media: Not sure about the dash,but the plus 16x are Ricohjpn-r03 and not too bad. I'd still rather go with the 8x speed riteks. That's the only store brand media that I trust. Staples/Office Max/etc: I avoid like the plague!

Mort81: How about Amish buggy as a shipper? LOL
    It may be a little slower,but maybe more reliable?

9. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2006
  10. olamite

olamite Regular member

@ bunnyrip

i took the best buy add to staples yesterday, you were right, good lookin out!!

11. beltline

beltline Regular member

For all you Staple fans. Here is a coupon for $10 off:

http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/P133779.asp

Hover over the right hand side where the ad is. You see the coupon pop up. You may have to hit refresh. You do have to make a $40 purchase, but that's not real hard when buying media. Doesn't expire till 04/30/2006.

12. MaxBurn

MaxBurn Regular member

Last time i went to BB the Sonys were all MIT as DVDfreak1 stated this time when i did find them hiding, they were MIJ Sonys, and here is the code:
    Yes gotta love them Yudens.. I didnt have much hope of getting them as the sale started Sunday, and its Tuesday now.. But my Yuden hunt went well.
    Thanks to this post, i got them. I checked Office Max, and the only pack of Verb16x they had was -R format, and i like +R better.

TYS RULE the DVD world!!!

as saugmon stated the Lightscribe verbs code out like this:

Last edited: Feb 21, 2006
  13. Jasper44

Jasper44 Regular member

@ Maxburn...if you couldn't find them at BB you could have just taken the BB ad to CC or Staples or anywhere that price matches. I can't believe I didn't think of doing that before it was mentioned in this thread. I got 100 Sony's for $29 after taxes by taking the BB ad to staples and getting them price matched 110%. It works out even better because staples is 2 minutes away from my house.

So now everytime I need dvd's and good ones are on sale, I won't be going to the store they are actually on sale at. I will be getting them price matched and saving even more. :)

Last edited: Feb 21, 2006
  14. gjrhine

gjrhine Member

Back ordered on their web site but you can just order them for estimated delivery of March 8th. Tax but no shipping charge on order over $50. 31.5 cents each.

15. mord

mord Regular member

for some reason 90% of the sony dvd's BB have are MIT...while Kmart's sony dvds are almost always MIJ...just something i noticed :p

16. bunnyrip

bunnyrip Regular member

@olamite, and all it helps. No Problem! Work the Ads!
    These "Price Match" Stores can equate to BIG Savings on Media Purcases! I do it anytime I can! Especailly at Staples & Stores that Match 110%!

17. buckfush

buckfush Member

Like always the best buy in my town didn't really have anything. They only had 2 packs of sony dvd-r's left so I didn't get them. I got them Lightscribe verbatims and went next door to officemax and got some Verbatim DVD-R's. I'ma go to office deopt tomarrow and price match to get some Verbatim DVD+R. Right now I have over 300 blank disc.

18. berger103

berger103 Guest

I do that price match all the time with circuit city and best buy..when one store has something i like on sale, i bring the ad to the other store and they usually give it to me for a few dollars cheaper than the sale.

19. MaxBurn

MaxBurn Regular member

Thanks for the price match idea Jasper44. I never even thought about that. I managed to pick up 200 more Sony Tys from BB so im set for a while. Have about 500 blank DVD5s, and that should hold me for a little while. Have about 40 DLs also. Never seem to get around to burning very many of those.

20. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

send me some then maxburn (DL), i dont have any lol