1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Media Sales this week-7/23/06-7/30/06

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by bunnyrip, Jul 22, 2006.

1. bunnyrip

bunnyrip Regular member

Well here is is for now:
    Office max will have Magnavox DVD+/-R 16x 50 packs for $13.99
    Staples will have everyone's favorite,(LOL) Memorex DVD+/-R 16x 50 packs for $14.99. So far, not a Great week for DVD Media. Will add more later if found.

2. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

sweet deal on the Magnavox!!!

CMCMAGAM3 coding on the 16x dvd-r & lest not forget

CMCMAGM01 coding on the 16x dvd+r

looks like this particular week is chock full of CMC MAGNETICS!!! :)

whether it be the Magnavox or Memorex brand...notice how they both IRONICALLY start with a "M" and end with an "X" LOL

kidding aside, i'm not even going to bother with OfficeMax & Staples this week~ :)

thanks for the advanced notice bunnyrip

docTY

3. bunnyrip

bunnyrip Regular member

No Problem docTY~!
    I am waiting to see what Best Buy & Circuit City has. So far, all I see are "Frisbees"! I don't need any either.
    It [bold] is [/bold] ironic that the CMC junk media both start with an "M" and end with an "X".How wierd. :0-
    I am just "guessing" here. Really, I think Best Buy will run Fujis tomorrow.
    Edit: Yep, I just checked, Best Buy will have Fuji 100 pack Spindles on Sale starting tomorrow! Looks like 100 packs will be $29.99
    Best of Luck finding MIJs!

Last edited: Jul 22, 2006
  4. AlBundy

AlBundy Regular member

5. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

@albundy

i would def. say so! that is cheaper than the U.S. equivalent for a 20-pack of Verbatim DL media...off the top of my head, i don't know the current exchange rate between Canadian dollars and U.S. dollars, but a "sale" price over here in the States is usually $39.99/20 pack of Verbatim DLs~ :)

so, by comparison for you guys up north, i would have to say it's a GOOD PRICE~ :) it's even cheaper numerically speaking in terms of pricing than it is here in the U.S...imma have to let my cousin who lives up in Vancouver know about this deal...thanks~

docTY

6. Jallan

Jallan Regular member

7. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

If I read the add right ( it's suitabley Vague!) OfficeDepot has Their brand DVD Media 100Ct spindle & a 100Ct. spindle of their brand CDR's selling as a Bundle for $19.99 . Don't quote me on it the add is as I said very vague so if I am truly wrong ! I truly apologize in advance ! If true this isn't exactly a buy one get one free deal but not to shabby if you burn a lot of CDR'S and DVD'S ! perhaps someone will beat Saugmon to the shelves and let us know LOL! Wish it was buy one 100ct. spindle of DVD's get one free @ that price ! I'm a CD burner from wayback so I'm kinda flush on the CDR thanG! Good luck & happy Shopping !

8. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Okay Comrades !

I think I have sorted it out ! It appears I was'nt wrong ! Iwas simply mistaken ! LOL! The Officedepot Sale is not 1 spindle of CDR & 1 Spindle of DVD's it's a Spindle of Mixed Veg ! 75 DVD /25 CDR I assume that the DVD's will Be either or + or - but may vary depending on the store ? In this case 1000 humble pardons effendi ! I goofed-ed ! The new info is from the picture in the add , well from the add on the website again apologies to all & happy shopping ! For what it's worth My local wallyworld has the 16xDVD-R MIJ sonys but they arte'nt on sale ! when someone else puts them on sale they won't have them LOL! my Luck right ! Ciao!

9. bbthumper

bbthumper Guest

.......here's some more:

BestBuy - FujiFilm 100pk. DVD-/+R = $29.99

Office Depot - Sony 50pk. DVD-/+R = $14.99

Wick.....

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2006
  10. Mr_Pink

Mr_Pink Regular member

Is it worth visiting Best Buy to see if they have the MIJ Fujis? They haven't had it in about two years (at least around here in the city [NY]).

11. AlBundy

AlBundy Regular member

kivory666 your very welcome. I keep having to remember if it wasn't for people like you I would never learned how to burn (back-up convert etc) movies. My bank says that deal $34.99 canadian is worth about $30.18 USA

12. Jasper44

Jasper44 Regular member

I've missed a few weeks but I'll have next weeks sales up by Wednesday.

13. DamonDash

DamonDash Guest

Give me the Sony's.Guys what color spacer do i need to look for in the Fuji 100 pack to see if they are MIJ ?

14. AlBundy

AlBundy Regular member

DamonDash

I am not sure were you're from but near were I live I found the MIJ from Sony DVD+R discs with the correct white spacer. I found them @ WalMart for $24.97 for a 50 pack. :)

15. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

This is the spacer from a 50 pack of the Sony MIJ TYG-003 16x
    [​IMG]
    Fuji MIJ will only be the 8X speed, all the 16X are MIT.

16. XxRUINSxX

XxRUINSxX Regular member

Will staples price match if the ad is for a store not in the same town?

17. mackdl

mackdl Regular member

@XxRUINSxX,

Yes, Staples will price match if the item is available through the net. Print off the ad and bring it in with you.

We don't have a FutureShop in our town, but they price matched the 100 pack Verbatims that were on sale last week. Got them for $26 plus change, CAD $.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2006
  18. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

bbthumper- Thanx on the OFFICEDEPOT update ! May have to make the Wallyworld Creep afterall ! Closest one only has the Sony 16X DVD-R's in MIJ's No DVD+R's At all in the MIJ 50pks. Pity ! anyway thanx again !

19. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

just looked at sundays paper and best buy has sony-/+r on sale for $14.99 50ct..should be able to find some mij's there....i dont know if it is advertised or not, or if you have a Meijer close to you but i on saturday got a 50ct of sony 16x-r mij's with the octagnal spacer that coded out to being ty's. for $18. GH000142 on the inner hug

20. Mr_Pink

Mr_Pink Regular member

Negative on the MIJ fujis in my area. That sucks :(