1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Memoirs Of A Geisha

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by johnjohn, Mar 24, 2006.

1. johnjohn

johnjohn Member

Has anybody been able to do memoirs of a geisha??? I've been able to do every single one except this one.

2. XxRUINSxX

XxRUINSxX Regular member

I don't have this movie yet...a little info would help, like what if any errors are you getting. This was also covered in another thread... http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/320627

My advice on this is DVDFab Decrypter, Vob Blanker, and DVD Shrink, or Nero recode...also AnyDVD(you can get a free 21 day trial) should be able to handle this, and any other DVD's...

Guide
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/293994http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/293994

Vob Blanker
    http://jsoto.posunplugged.com/vobblanker.htm

3. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

4. johnjohn

johnjohn Member

I use anydvd with dvd shrink and get the error " dvd shrink encountered an error and connot continue. Invalid dvd navigation struture" I try dvd decrypter but it won't decode the disc...it keeps on having the retry error (this is a brand new disc by the way). I try using dvd fab decrypter then I use vobBlanker and then dvd shrink, but half the movie is missing????

5. N2DVD

N2DVD Regular member

Another tough one oddly enough? But not impossible. I tried Vob Blanker but neither CloneDVD2 or SHRINK would open the folder. So I deleted the folder and with AnyDVD(5.9.4.1) in the backround I backed up a copy to file using DVD SHRINK(3.2)Then used RECODE2 (NERO) to back up a copy to disc. What's really strange the SHRINK file says that the back up process was unsuccessful? Below is what encryptions you will find on the "Memiors of Geisha" DVD. Good ol'e "ARCCOS PUPPET LOCK" is in effect here. My copy plays without flaw backed up to a Verbatim -R 8x burned at the disc speed of 8x to an external SONY DRX-810UL drive. Try this method you shouldn't have any further trouble:p The other 3 films I purchased today King Kong, Stay, and Get Rich or Die Tryin back up with no trouble at all.:p

Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD 5.9.4.1)
    Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a Data DVD.
    Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
    Size of first Layer: 2084960 sectors (4072 MBytes)
    Total size: 4169920 sectors (8144 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: MEMOIRS_OF_A_GEISHA
    Media is CSS protected!
    Video Standard: NTSC
    Media is locked to region(s): 1!

Found & removed RCE protection!
    DVD structure appears to be correct.
    Changed firstplay: Jump directly to Title 1!
    Found & removed structural copy protection (Arccos, Puppetlock)!
    Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
    Autorun not found on Video DVD.
    Found & removed 3 bad sector protections!
    Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

6. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Last edited: Mar 25, 2006
  7. JasonTHX

JasonTHX Member

A Program I use and hasn't gotten much comment is Roxio media Creator 7. It will copy practically anything with the latest AnyDVD. (only problem with Roxio is you're unable to remove subtitles.)

I was able to do Memoirs Of A Geisha without a problem. I was worried earlier this week when I was unable to copy Capote, but then I upgraded to latest AnyDVD and it works.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2006
  8. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

JasonTHX roxio is a disc copier what are you using to encode and compress the movies your burning down to a DVD-5 and BTW nero is a MUCH better program than roxio by far

9. jed

jed Member

hi all, i had some problems with this one as well. i eventually used the most recient versions of anydvd and dvdregion-css free running in the back ground while using dvdfab gold to extract the full dvd. it is protected by 3rd generation arccos and took me 7 other methods before cracking it. simply dvdshrink the image to reduce to 4.7g.
    hope this works well for everyone and feel free to e-mail me if you have questions regarding pre-release titles, working for a major dvd distributor has its perks afterall.

10. Mr_Pink

Mr_Pink Regular member

I have the latest AnyDVD and all the latest titles to be released recently, I have used Shrink to compress/rip and they've all been successful.

Hopefully this one will go smoothly. I'll find out later this week.

11. thebox

thebox Member

I just bought Memoirs of a Geisha today and ripped it successfully with the latest version of AnyDVD (5.9.4.1) and DVDShrink.
    the only problem i have is when you turn on the option to "REMOVE ANNOYING ADVERTS AND TRAILERS" and select "JUMP TO MAIN TITLE", the info screen will say it modified the startup but when you playback the compressed copy, it never removed jack squat. am i the only one that has had this problem or is there anyone else experiencing this issue?

12. ronell10

ronell10 Guest

I'm having the same problem, I can't copy any "Sony Pictures" dvd. I don't have any problems with any other dvd's just "Sony". I use 2 different softwares and niether of them will burn "Sony Pictures".

Help!

13. kiko1981

kiko1981 Guest

i have anydvd 5.1.1.1. Is the newer version going to be much different? If i upgrade will it only give me a 21 day trial? Because the copy I have now is mine and not under no trial. Also, tonight I had problems with this movie to but after running any dvd, then dvdfab, it opened right up with shrink with no problem.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2006
  14. cowboy06

cowboy06 Member

I have dvd decryptor, and the movie is reading error when it decrypt it. also try dvdfab decryptor and it does the same. Is there something out there I can do?

15. bsr2002

bsr2002 Member

I used dvdfab decryptor and shrink and it came out fine. Are you using the latest version?

16. Marvo

Marvo Member

I used latest anydvd and dvd shrink. After ripping, you'll notice that you will be unable to preview the movie at the very start of the movie. Don't worry, it's just black screen anyway. Just click on set start/end frames and set the start a few seconds in. Now try to preview the movie. If it plays, then the movie is a go.

17. fargen

fargen Member

All I needed was the latest version of DVDFabDecrypter.

18. palmer15

palmer15 Member

I used dvd fab, with dvd region + css free ( running in the background), and then dvd shrink. I broke it and saved it to my hard drive. I then opened the file with dvd shrink and no problem.

19. carlover

carlover Guest

I had no problems copying it. I used AnyDvd and DVD Decripter and burned with Nero 7

20. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

clonedvd 2 with the lastest verison of anydvd will do the movie fine