1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Memoirs Of A Geisha

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by johnjohn, Mar 24, 2006.

1. Mr_Pink

Mr_Pink Regular member

It went extremely well. I had no problems doing this. In the "A Sound of Thunder" thread, I went over what I did for Geisha (don't ask why lol).

2. wong_c_fu

wong_c_fu Regular member

I also got my copy of Memoirs of a Geisha backed up successfully. I was having problems at first but after finding out info on this board it was no problem at all. Backed up a perfect copy.

Method I used was AnyDVD v5.9.4.1 running in the background with DVDShrink 3.2

Thanks everyone

3. G1nger

G1nger Guest

No problems with DVDFabDecrypter 2.9.7.3 and Shrink 3.2. I haven't watched the movie yet but didn't run into ripping/copying problems. I always reauthor and only back-up the main movie.

4. dreamzy74

dreamzy74 Member

Hello everybody, I'm new here and wanted to see what you guys think about this. Somewhere in the forums (can't find it anymore) was a way to do a backup of Capote using programs such as pgce, psl, decrypter, dvd shrink and then a burning software. I followed this exactly and was able to backup my copy of Capote (good thing cuz myy wife took my original to her mother's house so she can see it, but am worried it might be a coaster now). It worked perfectly, just sat back and followed the prompts. I wish I could find that post again so I can thank that guy. However I tried to do the same thing with my copy of Memoirs of a Geisha. Again worked perfectly --till the end. After the the part where you use dvd shrink after decrypter, pgce and psl2. I always have burned video ts and audio ts folders on to a blank disc with sonic recordnow. This software came with my HP pavillion, and never ever, ever had problems with it. Even with Capote, a problem disc to backup, it worked fine till now. Now what happens is everytime i load the files on to recordnow, it doesn't recognize it. It says something like "place blank or appendable disc..." it wont burn these files on a blank disc. After making several coasters, I used nero express. It burned it. But now the disc will not play on any stand alone dvd player. Not even on my ps2. But here's the weird part, i played it on my pc (same one I use to burn) just to see maybe the files have a problem--guess what , it played. The movie played, menus and all and actually a very clear copy at that. But any other dvd player i have will not read it, it keeps saying that there is no disc in the machine. I'm weirded out, because i've never encountered this before especially with sonic record now, not 1 problem ever. Capote came out fine...but Geisha plays on my pc. Any thoughts out there why somewhere between dvdshrink and burning on a blank disc, there are problems, it wont recognize the video and audio ts files to burn. Thanks in advance to anyone that can help. :(

5. Cinna74

Cinna74 Member

I tried it, but not sure if Im doing it well. This movies shows as it being HUGE. I used DVD fab and then DVd shrink.

6. pancho760

pancho760 Member

ripped with dvdfab decrypter then burned it with dvd shrink with no problems. i've always wondered why people use anydvd i've never used it and ive never had to use it with over 400 dvds in my collection

7. Cinna74

Cinna74 Member

Can u brief me on the % ou compress it to?

8. S2K

S2K Regular member

same here.fab is free and there is nothing anydvd can do that fab won't.

9. pancho760

pancho760 Member

shrunk at an automatic 42.8% compression with perfect picture

10. vairox

vairox Regular member

you sure about that?

11. pancho760

pancho760 Member

yes very sure.

12. toberman

toberman Member

Is there a way to avoid shrinking it? I want to copy to a double layer DVD.

13. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Yes a DL will do it you will have a 1:1 backup

14. octapalos

octapalos Member

I upgraded my DVDFab and used anydvd on background and it worked ... the I used shrink ...and vualaaaa ...no problems!!!!

15. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

clonedvd 2 with anydvd would be even BETTER !!!!!

16. 2541510

2541510 Member

I don't know how any of you are backing up Memoires of a Geisha.
    You better try watching your copy.
    I have tried ALL of your suggestions and can only get the last ten miutes of the movie. 1Click DVD Copy doesn,t work for encrypted DVD's. I also tried pgcedit with fixts and shrink to aggravating defeat.
    No use, the back ups do not work. Have done many ARRCOS backups but this movie has got the shiznit on everyone.
    CHECK YOUR BACKUPS. They are not good.
    pgcedit does not work.
    AnyDVD does not work.
    CloneDVD2 does not work.
    DVDFAB Express or Gold does not work.
    1Click DVD Copy does not work.
    All of these are the latest versions and only get the menus and the last ten minutes of the movie.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2006
  17. 2541510

2541510 Member

OK, made a mistake with DVD Copy. Did a full backup with it.
    Then used VOB Blanker

18. S2K

S2K Regular member

No it is one of the easiest disks to copy. it doesnt have the "shiznit" on anyone,

The region one (US) version of this film rips with one click using dvdfab decrypter.

and yes I have watched my backup.

19. djcast

djcast Member

Used the latest dvdfab decrypter with Nero and it worked fine for me.

20. sammycha

sammycha Member

If you already have AnyDVD and it's licensed, then you can download the latest version (5.9.5.6) from Slysoft, install it on top, and it'll upgrade and remained licensed. You don't have to worry about going go a 21 day trial. You can tell if yours is licensed, just load up AnyDVD, click on the 'Setting's button, and then the'About' folder and under the 'Registered to' you should see 'Serial' followed by an actual serial number. If there is no serial number there then it means it's not licensed. And yes it makes a difference to have the latest version of ANyDVD because they've made some amazing break throughs against Sony's Copy protection in the last month alone. I cloned Memoirs of a Geisha with AnyDVD 5.9.5.6 and CloneDVD 2.8.9.2 with no problems business as usual.

Sammy Chan