1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Memor 32

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by Ednasaunt, Nov 8, 2007.

1. dball75

dball75 Member

@smokyrain :
    Thanks to your method , I was able to run the swap magic 3.8 elf on my v12 slim with memor32 , but there's a issue I can't resolve ... let me explain well :
    Due to the fact that booting the SwapMagic 3.8 coder elf with memento firmware (1.1 or 1.2) results in a language localization problem , I would like to know if you know how launch the elf without pass by the memento firm.
    Probably memento used some kind of bios in the coding of their firmware , and this one bypass the console one (a very high percent of multi-language european games check for the bios language instead use a language selection screen) , making here the problem ... i.e. Burnout 3 Takedown plays in french only , God of War in english , Mercenaries in spanish ect... result : in those games there's no possibility to choose another language to play with .
    If there is some kind of method to boot the 3.8. coder only using the memor32 it will be a great thing !! Thanks for your time dude ;)

2. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

I used Sonic Gravity Heroes for example.

You don't have to have memento patch on the discs to use the SM 3.8 elf.

Once SM 3.8 elf is loaded you just then swap for the disc and it will play it as I have tried it on my old backups without memento patch.

I had booted Sonic Gravity Heroes first with Memento, of course it went straight to Japanese.

I then deleted any save off the memor32 card, rebooted it with SM 3.8 elf and the language selector came up so I could choose English.

3. dball75

dball75 Member

Thanks for your time smokyrain , I've tried with the same backup (memento patched) and after deleting the previously saved game , the result is the same (burnout 3 = french spoken) ; now I must try with a "virgin" one ... just the time to re-backup the original and I will make you know ;)

4. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

Some folks on the memor32 forum have came up with a solution, maybe not for all but it has worked on some to fix the language problem.

http://www.gamegen.com.br//index.php?showtopic=21839

Some are saying to let the PS2 boot to browser with memor32 card in, and then insert backup.

If that doesn't work, hit eject (which does a partial reset) and then put the disk tray back in to let it load.

It could also depend which firmware you are using.

5. Gerinych

Gerinych Member

Well, I say... w00t! Finally nice to see an R4 for PS2.

6. Pete45

Pete45 Member

smokyrain said
    I have an Aussie Slimline. I loaded 1.1 AUS on my Memor 32 card. It boots DVD backups ok.

I then loaded the Boot folder on Memor 32, approx 9MB. I then put the memor 32 in slot one, restart the slimline and hold down R1 for Boot.elf this Just gives me a blank screen.

I then formatted the Memor 32 agsin and tried to load 1.2e but it kept on coming up with an error s if it had not been formatted.

When I look a the memory card via the PS2 browser it has a memento logo a USA flag and a corrupted data logo. If I delete the corrupted data my boot file dissapears of the memor 32.

I have got a USB drive to put backup iso's on. If I can't get the elf's running off Memor 32. I am going to try USB stick next.

ANy thoughts??

7. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

It would give you a blank screen, because to use SM 3.8 elf with memor32 you need to have an original PS2 disk in the drive.
    Then you swap it at the load screen where it says "NORMAL" with the backup.
    You also would need to have magic keys or Fliptop installed in your PS2 or the tape and tissue method.
    But this is old now, and instead I would change the SM 3.8 ELF with ffgrievers's ESR Beta 9a
    Just rename the ESR beta 9a Direct DVD.elf to BOOT.ELF and replace the old BOOT.ELF(SM 3.8)
    With ESR you would just need to have the patched backup game in the PS2 and press R1 as it loads.
    The 1.2e is not meant for the Aussie PS2, so just erase the memor32 and put firmware 1.1 back on it.
    This does happen sometimes, even when adding elf files to the BOOT folder, but is normal it seems for the memor32 so just leave the corrrupted icons there.

You can load elfs from the usb drive if you wish:

DEV3

Is used to launch applications from standard USB memory Stick.

Create a "BOOT" Folder on the USB Memory Stick and save inside the renamed application you would like to launch and use the following button combination ad PS2 boot:

The correspondent DEVolution mode is invoked from the PAD1 by pressing "PAD UP" PLUS the R1/R2/L1/L2 pad buttons at the boot of the PS2:

PAD DOWN + R1 : /BOOT/BOOT.ELF
    PAD DOWN + R2 : /BOOT/BOOT2.ELF
    PAD DOWN + L1 : /BOOT/BOOT3.ELF
    PAD DOWN + L2 : /BOOT/BOOT4.ELF

I would try loading the elf files once more from the memor32 by doing as I said above.

The ESR beta 9a should play your backups that the memor32 won't.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2008
  8. Pete45

Pete45 Member

Thanks smokin. I tried my USB stick and it worked first time. know matter what I do I can get to launch off the MEMOR 32.

Next I am going to try and get HDD loader to work. It does not see my USB drive. I formatted it with WinHIIP and loaded a game on but it says it could not see it. I thinmk I read somewhere that the PS2 may not support 2 USB devicces at the same time, that is why I was trying to launch off the MEMOR 32. I will go to tthe HDDlaunch site to see what I am doing wrong.

9. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

Try making your own BOOT folder to transfer to the mc.
    You can just change or delete the files I had in there and put your own in, and rename them accordingly.

When wanting to load from the memor32, Hold and PRESS the shortcut key on controller, then turn on the PS2.

See if that works.

Also for USB hdd, you need to use usbadvance.elf to load the games, not hdloader.elf

You first need to format using this utility, then use the same utility to tranfer the ISO to the USB drive.