1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

merging vob files

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by RJMJ, Feb 20, 2002.

1. RJMJ

RJMJ Guest

Can anyone tell me how to do this? I can't get VOBMERGE, FILEMERGE to work. Each time the files get to 552 kb, both programs stop working. I am using XP. My drive is NTFS. But if I use DVD decrypter to merge the vobs when I strip, that merge work. So any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

No, I don't have any idea why that happens, but just wanted to ask out of curiosity, why do you need to merge VOBs?

3. RJMJ

RJMJ Guest

I'm using a software called "Quickbuilder"(authoring). And it will only take in a single file(VOB).

4. dRD

Try SpruceUp?

5. RJMJ

RJMJ Guest

Will Spruceup take in multiple VOBS?

6. dRD

It should. I don't really know what you're doing, but I assume you're backupping your DVDs to DVD-R? If so, there are better ways to do it than authoring stuff again. Simply recreate IFOs after you've removed some streams (like extras, etc) using IFOEdit or other similiar tools.

7. RJMJ

RJMJ Guest

I tried that and when I went to burn it, Prassi said the structure was bad(non-compliant). So I'm trying this way. I would like to edit the IFO file and then burn it. But I just can't get it to work. I used IFOEDIT to remove audio streams, remove menus. But it won't burn. Do you have any ideas. I printed the directions from DOOM9.ORG Have you done this process and it worked? If so, maybe you can tell me what's wrong.