mini tape converter/cartridge

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by schmuttis, Apr 4, 2008.

1. schmuttis

schmuttis Member

Hi,

Someone made a tape for me using their digital camcorder. My problem is that it is on one of those mini tapes and I need to copy it to either a regular VHS tape or onto my PC. I've been looking all over for one of those cartridges that holds the mini tapes so that it can be copied. I'm not sure if cartridge is the proper name but I need the think that you use to hold the mini tape so it can be copied. I've been to Radio Shack, Best Buy, etc. and no one has what I am looking for. First of all can someone tell me exactly the name of what I'm searching for? Secondly, can anyone lead me in the correct direction to find this item I need to copy the info on the mini tape. I'm running out of time.

Many thanks for taking the time to read this.

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Is the tape a VHS-C tape, or is it a miniDV tape? There is a big difference.

If it is a VHS-C adapter, you can get it at Best Buy. Here is a link. Don't pay any attention to the shape of the box. The adapter is the same size as a regular VHS tape.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=6997182&type=product&id=1099391477725

3. schmuttis

schmuttis Member

Yes it is a VHS-C. I will check out Best Buy. Thank you very much.

4. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

You're welcome.