Minidisc PC hardware

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by llol, May 20, 2003.

1. llol

llol Guest

Hi, since the matrix was released, and Neo hands them group of hackers software on a minidisc, i have been trawling all corners of the net looking for hardware to write to minidiscs, assuming from the start it wasnt out there, but looked anyway.Does anyone know if there is anything? I cant see the problem, i mean theyre basically pocket-sized hard drives?
    Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!!
    .:llol:.

2. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

these discs are everywhere, there are from 156mb to 210mb cdr and cdrw. no special hardware is needed at all. they can be burnt using a normal cd burner since the discs are burnt from the inside out. open your cdtray and look at the 3 inch ring in the middle, thats what that ring is for. my camera uses thses discs also.

3. thargor

thargor Member

Darthnip I think he is possibly refering to an Audio minidisc player, [may be wrong as I have not seen the film yet].

4. llol

llol Guest

thargor yes, this is correct, the audio minidiscs, i have just watched "Art of War" and in this film they also use a piece of hardware to use the minidiscs. I realise poetic liscence may well come into play, but i think it would be great if it was possible.
    [ thx anyway darthnip :) ]

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2003
  5. thargor

thargor Member

6. llol

llol Guest

ok, thanks thargor and darthnip, between you, you helped! But omg thats expensive...think ill pass for now, and maybe keep my eye on ebay, see if one pops up.
    Thx, and i love the forum + contrary to popular thoughts, i think dvdxcopy xpress is pretty good for me, as i didnt really understand the other way of doing it!!

7. Bike_13

Bike_13 Guest

8. robmill

robmill Member

With the announcement of HI MD and 1 gig MDs they have also built in Data File transfer to MD.

Robert