1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miranda IM v0.4.0.3

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Wetchaser, Jan 1, 2006.

1. Wetchaser

Wetchaser Guest

MODERATOR: move this thread to were ever it belongs. Really saw no good place to put it.

First off im not a hell raiser. Im a 41 yr old thats been glued to my pc for last 10 years. I dont know crap about burning cd's, but maybe one day i will look into it. I downloaded miranda thinking "how cool is this!!" The following review i posted on miranda download page is 100% true. Im really worried that the program asked for my aim login info, then basically just disapeared.

Reviewed by: WetchaserReview date: Jan 1, 2006Version: Miranda IM v0.4.0.3 build 43

DONT DOWNLOAD THIS JUNK.

Installed, imported msn list no problem. Could not get aim list imported. Said "connection failure, is aim open?" it was open. Think i got my icq list imported, not really sure as it does not really give a designation as to what program each name came from.

Restarted computer...........Miranda was gone!!! No trace of it was found with windows search function!!!

McAffie reported that its program now had missing files, and had to be re-installed. OMFG!!!!

Did system restore, i think im ok now. DONT DOWNLOAD THIS JUNK.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved

3. Faravid

Faravid Guest

I've used Miranda many years, The protocols I use include your MSN, AIM and ICQ, I also use it for Jabber, never had any problems with it.
    Tested versions include 0.4.0.3 build 43 and 46 and older ones, also one of my friends plus few of others I know use it, without any problems.

If I were you, I'd check if there are any software such as viruses and spyware having a party on your hard drive (Try Sysinternal's Autoruns program to view and identify everything launched at the boot of your operating system).

Also note that 0.4.0.3 is beta, the official site (www.miranda-im.org) shows 0.4.0.2 as the newest stable version.