1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mIRC KEEPS DISCONNECTING!!!! (caps)

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by Eugene482, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Eugene482

Eugene482 Regular member

Ok whenever I try to download a file from XDCC, it starts, and 5 seconds later the speed is dropping and my internet is DEAD. It only started happening when I upgraded my internet speed. Before it was 120 kb/sec now it's.... 6mb/sec. Maybe the speed goes too high and BOT disconnects me or something? Does anyone know a solution to this? Actually, even before that it disconnected me and my internet, BUT not 5 seconds after I started downloading. I thought I was getting nuked. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Are you using Excursion or NoNameScript or just plain ole mIRC? I could get up to 1 meg down via xdcc when I was using it.

3. Eugene482

Eugene482 Regular member

what's NoNameScript and Excursion? I never heard of those things, I don't even what those are. i just use mIRC with loaded XDCC script, that's it, but for some reason it just keeps killing my internet, no matter which file it is!

4. Eugene482

Eugene482 Regular member

Hello, is there any way to control the speed you download at in XDCC? I never found it! Not in options not anywhere! I wanna try capping the speed and see if that helps. btw if you are getting nuked, will changing your mirc nick, name and IP address help? Thanks.

5. SadJoker

SadJoker Regular member

NoName & Excursion are both mIRC scripts. Excursion is more of a Fserve/XDCC script tho..

as for why XDCC keeps killing your internet, might be getting nuked by the XDCC server/bot or some punk. Could also be the settings ie ports you are using thats killing your connection. as for capping your dl speed via XDCC I dunno bout that one. I quit using mIRC/IRC awhile ago so Im abit rusty on settings etc.

To answer your question about getting nuked : yes changing your IRC nick can help tho it'll just slow down whoever is nuking you. CHanging your IP and yer nick is prolly the best way to stop the nukes. also try using a proxie or even a BNC