1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MODCHIP SCAM SITES!!!

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by caliwest, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Glitched

Glitched Guest

2. Tokijin

Tokijin Active member

Wow it's surely not possible that BaconX is Xmodd disguise, now is it? lol.

3. Glitched

Glitched Guest

lmao, That Xplains the X in baconX

4. Xmodds

Xmodds Regular member

Just make sure you are talking about the other site not mine because I dont have to diguise, my work speaks for itself.

5. Glitched

Glitched Guest

LOL were just playin with you Xmodds lol your sites great if i new about you before i would of bought from there:)

6. Tokijin

Tokijin Active member

Yeah no disrepect inteneded man. I'm sure you are reputable. I think your confindence in your work shows that. I have no problem sending business to quality modders. I'll look thru that link, and add if you it I like what I see. I certainly can't tell a modder about chips lol. Take care.

7. jailbird

jailbird Member

well i all i know is i odered a ps2 form www.themodchip.com on decmeber 27th 2005 and still not have recieved it via today i i think i finally tracked down a number and i have turned it into the better bussiness breau. so if you want to chose to do bussiness whit them do it at your own risk

well i'am sorry i ever odered form them of right now

8. kcc86

kcc86 Regular member

Whats strange is that I ordered from modchipnow.com and a few days later my credit card company calls me and tells me someone tried to charge 900 bucks to my account. Then I email the company asking if they sell customer information to third party companys because my credit card number was stolen. Modchipnow.com replies "no we do not, please send us your credit card information and we will clear it up for you." It was something similar to that quote. After recieving that email reply, I definitly assumed modchipnow.com was a scam site. BUT the CRAZY thing is that a week later, feeling disappointed about the whole ordeal, I opened up my mail box and behold, the item I ordered infront of my eyes. So I am not really sure if they are a scam site or not, but I got my merchandise and cannot complain. The weird thing is that I read online about other individuals being scammed from the same site and they said the site owners are from Nevada and not Hong Kong as the site states. But when I got the package, the envelope looked genuine with the Customs sticker clearing the package and the address was from Hong Kong too unless that was fake too. Sorry for the long post but I just wanted to let some folks know.

9. jailbird

jailbird Member

if youw would take a closer look where talking about 2 totally seprate companies

10. Tokijin

Tokijin Active member

Yeah unfortunately there are a lot more shady mod sites out there than reputable ones. That's the point of this thread, to inform joe sixpack who's legit and whose not. I did a lot of research before sending my PS2 off to teammodders.com. Not everyone has the time or the know how to do the proper research, so places like this thread and my FAQ are created with that in mind. Here's the list I've come up with:

26. Q. I'm in the market for a modchip or premodded console. What are some reputable sites I can order from?
    A. http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/251223 In addition http://www.modchip.com and http://www.norcalmods.com are supposed to be reliable. http://www.Xmodds.com is another quality mod site. If you're interested in a premod or modchip, be sure to order from one of these high quality sites.

11. kcc86

kcc86 Regular member

To jailbird: You don't need to be rude. The Thread is titled "MODCHIP SCAM SITES!!!" so my post has relevance.

12. jailbird

jailbird Member

well sorry about the confusion i had but still i want make sure people realsize they are 2 diffrent sites lol. by the way i was not trying to be rude so if you interputted that way i am sorry

13. Ace_2

Ace_2 Regular member

Would www.divineo.com be a trusted or scam site to buy Swap Magic?

14. Tokijin

Tokijin Active member

Last edited: Feb 7, 2006
  15. wolv2377

wolv2377 Regular member

I cant say much about the different sites but, I did purchase a DMS4 PRO SE from http://www.modchipstore.com. They shipped it out the SAME DAY! With tracking through DHL I got it in 2 days! I was so happy! :) then I tried to install it and cant get it right, so, now its going out tomorrow to http://www.norcalmods.com to have him do it right. People, it is worth the extra trouble. I worked on my V9 5 different times looking and soldering all weekend off and on. I bet I put in over 12 hours trying to get it to run properly. I hear alot of great things about both of these companys! Dont forget'em. I will give an update on norcalmods.com when I get my system back from there. Here is a great link I thought might interest you'll: http://web02063.prolocation.net/phpBB2/index.php

Last edited: Feb 8, 2006
  16. Tokijin

Tokijin Active member

Norcalmods.com is reputable, though he simply copies Davbere's mods. Davbere doesn't care, according to what he told me.

17. wolv2377

wolv2377 Regular member

I dont know him yet, but, I hear alot of teammodders as well. I just like the part of in and out within 2 days once recieved! Some People got their systems back with 5 days after mailing. And he insures them and ships them back Priority Mail w/ $200 insured. I bet your guy is great though. I cant say if he copys the other guys mods, but, As long as it is quality work and it holds up to me I will be the happiest guy in the southeast US! I would not try to install a chip again. I have the hands, eyes, tools, not the skill with connections that small. Guys, you have to have it just right and alot of the modders online ( along with KC ) knows their stuff. KC almost had mine going. I just could not get it to take the flash and the sound on the system was staticy. I must have something in the wrong spot or a small piece of solder between something I cant find! My advise is, if your a newbie, you want a modded system, go for it and buy the whole system pre-mod. It will save you some time and a BIG Head-Ache! Like I said I lost my whole weekend messing with mine. More advise one this search the forums here or look here: http://web02063.prolocation.net/phpBB2/index.php
    Research Before You Buy!!

18. Tokijin

Tokijin Active member

As long as you're happy with them. There are a lot of people who copy Davbere's mods, he must doing something right. It doesn't bother him, so it doesn't bother me. I included norcalmods.com in my list of reputable modders because their work has gotten good reviews on several sites.

19. spedmetal

spedmetal Guest

It has been nearly 7 months since I was here last and I cant for sure say I have ever posted here but I will post now.

@Tokijin

If we have ever crossed paths in the past forgive me but I copy no one. Modding is modding is modding..... its all bound to look similar. Give me a break.

Davbere is overly sensitive about this and has been since day one. He says he doesnt care now because he is starting to realize how lame he looked making pathetic accusations about people copying his work. In fact I can go back to posts that look like mine as well as his so maybe we are copying them after all.

Why Dav gets so sensitive about this crap is beyond me. Maybe its because he thinks his only hold on the market is his supposed "style" when he should realize that reliability and customer service is where all moddeder should focus (which I'm sure he does as well)

With that said thank you for recommending me, its nice to see that I have some respect here as well :) and please do not take offence to what I have posted. Oh and btw yes dav and I have talked/argued about this in the past and I'm not trying to dredge up old sentiments.

Best regard

20. BaconX

BaconX Guest

@ Tokijin you said "The only one of those Swap Magic can do is force video mode, and even then it may or may not be in color." but as you know I had Swap Magic 3.3 for about a year and I know it does not force video modes just a simple backup loading tool. Thats the reasion there are PAL-->NTSC Patchers and vice versia