1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MODCHIP SCAM SITES!!!

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by caliwest, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Tokijin

Tokijin Active member

@ spedmetal That's not intended to be a knock on you. Whether you did/didn't copy Davbere's mods, I am not in a position to say for sure. Davbere is a friend of mine, and that info comes straight from him. I would not use second hand info in making such an assertion. I have great respect for Davbere and take him at his word when he tells me something. He has earned my trust with his advice/guidance. Whether you copy his mods or not, it isn't for me to decide, nor is it relevant. It's a non issue to me as well as him. I've seen several good reports of your work, on other sites, on this site, and in the dms3.com forums. He isn't so hung up on business that he has contempt for all other modders. He acknowledges there are other reputable modders on the net, and without which there'd be no competition to make him better. He has never said anything disparging about you. I don't take any offense at your comments, you're simply trying to defend your reputation. From what I've seen you really don't have a lot to be defensive about, all indicators are that you're a qualified, reputable modder. The greatest compliment I can think of is including you in a discussion of reputable modders.

@ BaconX Swap Magic Magic can force video modes, it has a PAL/NTSC selector at the boot screen. It isn't nearly as effective as a chip. Some games may still appear in black and white. I've talked to dozens of people who own Swap Magic, and everyone I've talked to said it does. Maybe you just never used/noticed it. Cheers!

2. BaconX

BaconX Guest

Really? Every time I burnt a PAL game it appers the same when I select PAL or NTSC or Normal. Yeah modchips rule oh BTW I got a Premodded v7 with DMS4 Pro and Network adapter+80GB HDD for 175$ including shipping. I can find good deals!

3. Tokijin

Tokijin Active member

That's cool. Glad the guy didn't rip you off. Yeah Swap Magic can definitely force video mode. You set it to the region of your PS2/TV, not to the region of the game. Maybe that's why you never noticed it. Either way it does a poor job a lot of times, and it doesn't come close to matching the Y fix of the DMS 4 or Matrix Infinity.

4. jailbird

jailbird Member

well by the way i did finally get my ps 2 here a few weeks ago lol but still would not recmoned them to anyone

5. oneakia

oneakia Member

https://www.extreme-mods.com is good website for chips i ordered an xbox chip from them on 2-9-06 second day air, they shipped it on 2-10-06 i recieved it 2-11-06. they sell ps2 chips also(just ordered a dms4 pro se). i highly recommend them, good prices and quick shipping.

6. imburne

imburne Member

trustedmods.com is good. no problem with them. They have the popular chips and did my ps2 v12 with the crytal 1.1 chip for $85.00 complete. They even had the chip. plus he does the laser fix at no extra charge when you get your system modded through him!

7. Tokijin

Tokijin Active member

trusted-mods.com might be decent, but I don't just go on second hand info, I require insight from other modders and independent research.

8. M3wThr33

M3wThr33 Member

I sent an email to ModChip.com. I want to get the FlipTop/Swap Magic + Breaker Pro, but their site doesn't have a shopping cart, just single item purchase. Hopefully I'll get a response.

I'll let you know when I order and recieve them.

On Thursday I will be leaving for spring break and won't be back for a long while, so I expect the package to be there when I get back. So I don't need to be patient. :)

Edit:
    At 2 AM they responded and said to place two orders and they'll subtract shipping from one of them. I used my new Gold Debit Mastercard, which supposedly has more protection than my old Debit Visa.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2006
  9. Tokijin

Tokijin Active member

Remember mod-chip.com and modchip.com are different sites, the former being very reputable.

10. M3wThr33

M3wThr33 Member

I ordered with the hyphen-less one. So far, they responded to my emails quickly and supposedly it shipped. I won't be back for 10 days, so I expect it when I return.

11. Silo45

Silo45 Member

Has anybody ever ordered anything from Consolesource.com i bought this DMSEZIpro awile back but i still havent recived it. Think might have been scamed? Its been quite awhile so this sucks. There supposed to be an authorized dealer, found them on the DMS web-site.I called'em up this week and they gave me this bullsh** about how everyones backorderd.
    Think i should settle for the Lite, or wait alittle while longer for the Pro?
    Thanx,
    Silo

12. Tokijin

Tokijin Active member

I think you should wait for the pro and pay a pro to install it. DMS EZI chips are anything but. Tons of people have butchered their PS2 during the installation. The chip works best when soldered in anyway, which defeats the purpose of getting a solderless chip altogether! Do not attempt to install it unless you're experienced in such matters. Save yourself a dead PS2 and send it to a pro. Check the Modchip FAQ in my sig for more info.

13. Silo45

Silo45 Member

Sounds like a good idea, u think i shoud just go with the regular pro, and not the EZI. I mean if im already saudering it? But dame, cant wait to get it..

14. spedmetal

spedmetal Guest

If you have the means to get the standard solderable version I would for sure go that wrought. The EZI is garbage.

15. ecko04

ecko04 Member

@Silo45

I've ordered from ConsoleSource.com before. Although it was about 3 or 4 years ago when I modded my xbox, I received items from them in a timely manner. Since then i've modded 3 more xbox's and ordered everything from them and they've always come through. I suggest you email them or call and see what the hold up is. I've found them to be very reputable though, also they ship form Canada so that could be another reason for the hold up.

16. Tokijin

Tokijin Active member

Yeah definitely go with the solder chip. From your post I thought you said you had already ordered the EZI chip. They're overpriced garbage. The DMS 4 Pro SE does the same thing for $30 less and is reliable. The $30 you save there will cover installation fees from a pro anyway.

17. psyco76

psyco76 Member

Can anybody refer me to the the most reliable mod chip???????

18. Tokijin

Tokijin Active member

Read the Modchip FAQ in my sig.

19. Silo45

Silo45 Member

Thanx Fella's U guys have really been a big help.
    Appreciated

-Silo

20. ecko04

ecko04 Member

I wanted to just buy a premodd instead of buying the PS2 having it delivered then buying a chip, having it delivered then sending it all off to a pro to install it and have them send it back.....I would just rather buy a premodd.

I don't want to spend $300+ for it though and I wanted to buy from something that will come through. I just want the PS2 v14 (slim) w/ a DMS 4 Pro SE.

I was going to order from XMODD because at the time I was going to get the DMS 4 SE Lite but when I tried to get in contact with them about how long it'll take, etc. via IM yesterday no one ever contacted me back and that console was going to be $290 total.

Then I read here about Team Modders and gave them a shot, i'm awaiting their PayPal invoice so I can pay and they say it takes 5 days. Can someone please share their experience with Team Modders, i've read a little bit but I wanted maybe a little more in-depth review on them because I hand over $265.

I"ll be getting the DMS 4 Pro SE and New PS2 v14.