Modded xbox not reading any games :(

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by aj8092, Oct 26, 2005.

1. aj8092

aj8092 Guest

I just modded my mates xbox, did the excact same as i did with mine a week ago.

Only difference is when i put a game in it won't load, it just stays on the evox screen.

Difference between the boxes are his is 1.3 and uses samsung drive. Mine is 1.4 and uses thomson drive.

What is the deal?

Using X3 and evox dash if that matters.

2. aj8092

aj8092 Guest

It even says game when i put it in on the dashboard. Any ideas?

3. samusXP

samusXP Regular member

This happened to me once. Use whatever file explorer program you have (ie: Avalaunch, UnleashX, XBMC, etc.) and open the folder E:\CACHE\ and delete everything in it. Do NOT delete the CACHE folder. Also, check the video settings in Evox and make sure that it is either PAL or NTSC, as Auto and Default do not work with some games.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2005
  4. aj8092

aj8092 Guest

Dang deleting the cahce didn't work, it still just stays on the evolutuon x screen with the green cross.

You think it could be the media i am using? I am using yellow top datawrite dvd-r's. They work fine on mine, i dunno what the deal is here.

Any more ideas?

5. punqewe

punqewe Active member

if it was the media it would say 'UNKNOWN' and not 'GAME'.

6. aj8092

aj8092 Guest

Hmm, then i don't really know what to do, oddly enough one game loaded out of the 15 i tried, which was spartan total warrior, i don't know what makes this game so different to all the others.

Do you think reflashing the bios to an older version might help, i am using xecuter 3 with 3294 right now.

I am bang out of ideas so i am open to any suggestions.

7. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

I used to have 3 xbox's and 2 were modded. I was having trouble with 1 of them launching games. I FTP'd the C & E from the working xbox to my computer and then FTP'd these files back to the non working xbox to C & E and they both worked fine after this. It's probably a missing or corupt dash file that's causing the problem.