Monitors

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by alien9210, May 15, 2005.

1. alien9210

alien9210 Member

I have my monitors brightness and contrasts set on the highest setting but is not as bright as my friend's monitor cause when I play a game or watch a movie its darker and I cant see somethings that are there, compared to my friend's monitor.....

I thought it's just cause my monitor is just not good but recently it's gotten darker, I can still see normal bright pictures but if something is collored black I cant see it and this happened without me doing anything to the monitor and happened after a windows update....

How do I get it to be brighter without changing Monitors?

2. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

well, what kind of monitor is it? what kind of graphics card do you have? what are you system specs? give us some more details and someone might be able to help.

3. alien9210

alien9210 Member

My pc specs are.....

Pentium 4 1.70ghz
    512MB RAM
    128MB 64bit ATI Radeon graphics card

Dont know much bout the monitor its brand is PowerVision!

4. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

Ok how about age of monitor. Is all your computer video in this darkness? Is it only certain programs or games? Did you check your advanced video settings for "gamma correction" or the brightness in the drivers? Does this happen in safe mode? Turn up your contrast as well on the monitor to see if it makes a difference.

-Del