MORE VIRUS TRICKS

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by THEDICE, May 20, 2004.

1. THEDICE

THEDICE Member

just to let everybody know the virus tricksters are at it again.in the last week i have recieved two emails claiming the following that my email account was being abused and sending thousands of spam mails out .this is not the case as my mail server belongs to a friend who would have informed me.the mail claimed to be from mcafee antivirus team and was with an exe that claimed to be a virus removal tool i had the exe checked and it actually contained 1 virus 1 worm and 1 trojan.so if you get a similar email dont click the exe without checking it first.i also got the same exact mail 2 days later this time claiming to be from the sophos anti virus team.the email did look quite convincing but as im not stupid enough to activate an exe from people i dont know caused me no probs.

2. Jay05

Jay05 Regular member

Thanx for the info....
    I have Nortan 2004. It can alert me with these viruses...right?
    thanx for your time

3. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Unless you know the person, never never never open an .exe file sent by e-mail. Even if I know the person, I still confirm with them that they sent me something. So many times people have e-mail virus that mail out there computer contents to there email lists.

Just some added paranoid believes. Also no self respecting company would e-mail out a program. they might e-mail out a passwords, but should never e-mail out a program.

4. THEDICE

THEDICE Member

to jay 05 i run avg so i cant speak for norton but if you keep your virus profiles up to date you should be ok.