Mount MP3s?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by TyRock22, Oct 28, 2005.

1. TyRock22

TyRock22 Regular member

Is it possible to make an ISO of some MP3s and then mount it using Dameon Tools? So my computer thinks I have a cd with those MP3s burned onto it.

2. weazel200

weazel200 Regular member

You would have to burn the mp3's to cd first. But I don't see what the point is. What are you trying to acheive?

3. TyRock22

TyRock22 Regular member

? There has to be a program that lets me create an ISO of them...I need the comp to think I have the cd in there because I have a program that only lets me import music into it from a cd. And I don't feel like wasting a bunch of cds...so help anyone?

4. weazel200

weazel200 Regular member

What program are you using?

5. TyRock22

TyRock22 Regular member

I'm looking for a program...thats the whole reason I'm here.

6. weazel200

weazel200 Regular member

You can only make ISO images of cd's. Not of data on your pc.

So what program are you using which only allows you to import songs if their only on a cd. And importing to what. Can you be a little more clear.

7. TyRock22

TyRock22 Regular member

The program has nothing to do with this conversation. If you say it's impossible than I don't want your opinion anymore. There is always a way.

8. weazel200

weazel200 Regular member

I'm only trying to help you. No need to be like that. Your original question was this:

Let me tell you again. You can only make ISO images of CD's and DVD's not physical data on your pc. The only way you can mount the MP3's is if you burn them as an audio cd or as a data cd but you said you don't want to waste cd's. Other users will tell you this aswell.

It must be a pretty crap program if the only way you can import music is from cd's and not music files already on your pc such as mp3.

9. diabolos

diabolos Guest

Yes. But I don't recommend doing it because its pointless (in most cases). Anyway, instead of burning music to a CD "burn" it to your harddrive. This should create a valid iso image that Deamon Tools will be able to mount. You need to get a good burning app like Nero unless you already have burning software that will let you burn to you Harddrive.

The much simpler option is to just import the mp3s.

I have to agree with weazel200. I have never heard of an app that won't import music stored on you hard drive. Is it possible that the app won't import Mp3s but might import Wave or Ogg Vorbis files? In that case the mp3s only need to be converted to a compatible format.

What app are you using that won't let you import mp3 TyRock22?
    Ced

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2005
  10. weazel200

weazel200 Regular member

I don't think he's going to reply again ced. No point wasting our time with him. He obviously didn't like what we told him.

11. TyRock22

TyRock22 Regular member

Nope, I'm done here. I got the info somewhere else. And you were wrong. It is possible to make a iso image. While using NERO just tell it to burn to the hard drive which creates the iso. Then i can mount it with Dameon and presto I WIN. HAHAHAHA

12. weazel200

weazel200 Regular member

Ok so you found a way to make an ISO image of data on your harddrive. But you still havnt told us what program you use which only allows you to get music from cd's. Say for example it's software for an MP3 player. If you already have the song on your hard drive you simply click on FILE > Add file and it's done. Or another way to do it is by opening up the player when it's connected to your pc so the computer looks as it like it's a hard drive and drag and drop files on to it. I use this method as it's quicker and easier than Creatives software.

I really want to know what software you are using. I've never heard of software which only allows the user to get music from cd's. Please share this information with us. We all want to know.

13. TyRock22

TyRock22 Regular member

The program is based like this to prevent using music that is downloaded...or at least discourage it. It's an importing program to import music into the new videogame Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories. But it doesnt matter anymore because they hacked the program and came out with a new one that can get MP3's off the HD.

14. weazel200

weazel200 Regular member

Why couldn't you of said that from the start. It didn't make sense that a piece of software only allowed the user to get music from cd's and not audio files already on the computer. I'm sorry if I sounded a bit hard on ya but from the info you gave you made it seem like you either didn't know anything about audio or the software you were using was completely crap.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2005