mouse problem

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Tokyo_Joe, Jun 25, 2004.

1. Tokyo_Joe

Tokyo_Joe Member

hi, I just bought a second computer from a friend and have managed to connect both to the internet using a router. the problem is all the unused icons that he left on xp I'm having trouble deleting. Usually I can just right click the mouse button and hit delete but whenever I right click on an icon, the screen temporarily goes blank for about three or four seconds. Then it returns to normal.

This stops me from entering that little menu when you right clcik it. It seems okay for shortcuts to web pages but I can't seem to delete existing shortcuts to programs.

I've searched the net and have uninstalled the driver but nothing seems to work. Please help me somebody!!!!
    would be much appreciated.

2. Tokyo_Joe

Tokyo_Joe Member

anybody know how to resolve this problem?

3. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

i don't know whats wrong with the mouse, but you can just click on them and hit delete.

4. Discmania

Discmania Active member

Your mouse won't work properly if it's not sitting comfortably on a mouse mat or other compatible surface - shiny surfaces especially will often short the signal. I'm not saying this is the problem you're having but it's worth mentioning. Also try going to 'display' in 'control panel' and adjusting the settings.