MP3 Player driver

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by gvirdee, May 11, 2005.

1. gvirdee

gvirdee Member

Hi

I am experiencing problems with my mp3 player. It is branded as only as an mp3 player. When i plug it into my pc a drive does not get assigned to it. (i.e it doesnt get recognised as a h: removable disk). The mp3 player needs to be reformatted, as it won't switch on properly. Reformating can only be done via the pc - but the mp3 player (flash pen)doesn't get picked up. The supporting disk with the mp3 player - doesn't have any utility on there to that's allows for me to reformat the mp3 player. Is there a generic utility for mp3 players that can reformat it and also resolve the assigning a drive label to it?

Gurpreet

2. Weycraze

Weycraze Regular member

I assume you're saying you plug it into your PC via a USB port and your PC does not recognize it?.

You may need to upgrade your USB drivers or they are not working

3. gvirdee

gvirdee Member

Hi

yes your assumptions are correct that the mp3 is plugged into to the PC via a USB port and the PC does not recognize it.

I have plugged the mp3 into a new laptop to. But the laptop does not recognise it either. I have tried the mp3 player in a 3 pc/laptop's

The LCD screen on the mp3(when swiched on) displays this flashing message "starting...."

4. Weycraze

Weycraze Regular member

Well if you tried it in that many other machines and it don't work,

I take it the battery has been changed in your player?

My Mp3 RCA player will start flashing on the screen to warn of low battery. There has to be a battery in it with sufficient voltage to hook up to the PC.

Or your patch cord from the player to the PC is toast.

5. gvirdee

gvirdee Member

Hi

Battery is fine.

I have tried it with the usb cord and plugged the mp3 player direcly in the usb port. Still faced with the same problem.

I had this problem with another mp3 player - because that was branded i was able to download the firmware software from their website. As this is a generic mp3 player - not to sure how to go about the firmware upgrade. user manual provides a website address - but it does not connect.

6. petra47

petra47 Member

Help, My son has a MP3 player, and now when we connect the player to the pc it isn't recognized by xp. We just bought a new cable from PC to player it fits beautifully but still my pc doesn't recognized the player. My son lost the original cable. We bought the player in Bangkok. Does this mean that we can throw the player in the carbage, grrrr. Please can anyone help me with this.
    Thanks
    Petra