MP4 corrupted

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by tali1, Sep 19, 2023.

1. tali1

tali1 Regular member

I have a 320mb mp4 file recorded on my Android .It has never played.The thumbnail is greyed out.When i was recording i got message that my storage was full-although when i checked later it still had 33omb storage on my phone.I assume the corruption has something to do with this.All my other MP4s play fine.
    I uploaded to my desktop but vlc wont play it or even convert it.( oddly it is showing only 188kb when i uploaded it to pc)
    On YouCut app i get "info code 4106"
    Wondershare , however just shows lots of pixels.
    I ve tried a few 3rd party file repairers and all have been unable to repair file.Any recommendations of free ones or perhaps android specific ones would be welcome
    Im running out of ideas , i can't believe a file can be this badly corrupted.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2023
  2. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Do you have the means to upload it and provide link for download to it so that I can have a look at it? It sounds like you have an incomplete and or corrupted Mp4.

3. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

I came across this having a similar problem with a junky boblov body worn camera sd card.. and it worked a treat... Which I must say was a surprise

https://github.com/bookkojot/mp4fixer

4. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

I agree with Sophocles. Please post your file at dropbox, mega, etc. and share it with everyone. Then get a link and post it here. We would be glad to work with it to help you.

5. Charlettmak

Charlettmak Newbie

I used mp4fixer video repair tool. It is designed to repair damaged MP4 files.