1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MP4 corrupted

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by tali1, Sep 19, 2023.

1. tali1

tali1 Regular member

I have a 320mb mp4 file recorded on my Android .It has never played.The thumbnail is greyed out.When i was recording i got message that my storage was full-although when i checked later it still had 33omb storage on my phone.I assume the corruption has something to do with this.All my other MP4s play fine.
    I uploaded to my desktop but vlc wont play it or even convert it.( oddly it is showing only 188kb when i uploaded it to pc)
    On YouCut app i get "info code 4106"
    Wondershare , however just shows lots of pixels.
    I ve tried a few 3rd party file repairers and all have been unable to repair file.Any recommendations of free ones or perhaps android specific ones would be welcome
    Im running out of ideas , i can't believe a file can be this badly corrupted.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2023
  2. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Do you have the means to upload it and provide link for download to it so that I can have a look at it? It sounds like you have an incomplete and or corrupted Mp4.

3. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

I came across this having a similar problem with a junky boblov body worn camera sd card.. and it worked a treat... Which I must say was a surprise

https://github.com/bookkojot/mp4fixer

4. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

I agree with Sophocles. Please post your file at dropbox, mega, etc. and share it with everyone. Then get a link and post it here. We would be glad to work with it to help you.

5. Charlettmak

Charlettmak Newbie

I used mp4fixer video repair tool. It is designed to repair damaged MP4 files.