1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MS is making a very big mistake..

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by HipN, Aug 8, 2005.

1. CpnCrunch

CpnCrunch Member

Well the whole deal about halo 3 being on the 360 and not the 1st xbox is not a big mistake. Halo 3 will be a system seller. The original halo was a system seller and the same will be true for the marriage between H3 and X360. I would buy the xbox 360 when halo 3 ships but i already forked out $200 for my reservation at EB games.

The BIG mistake would be to release halo 3 for the xbox and the 360. Remember back in the day when the PS2 came out, it double shipped games for both PS and PS2. i think it didn't help them make anything. i think that buy releasing Halo 3 on the 360 will force avid fans of the Halo series to shell out the bucks for the system.

2. thebeard

thebeard Guest

your completly right but dont u think they should make it come out sonner when the 360 is more expensive. I hope they dont tho cuz this way it will be better and longer

3. CpnCrunch

CpnCrunch Member

well word on the web is that microsoft will release Halo 3 on the same day as the PS3 ships. Not a bad move at all by MS but i don't think that Halo3 should ship before its ready. I think there's a few months, maybe 6, between the release of 360 and PS3. so i think the extra time would be much needed for a next gen game.

4. thebeard

thebeard Guest

what u said is absolutly true. except one thing is that theres word goin round (i heard this at gamespot) that the PS3 isnt gunna come out untill 2007 which i think personnally will screw them right up the behind.

5. CpnCrunch

CpnCrunch Member

wow 2007?!?!? that is going to screw the hell out of PS3 in the nextgen console race. Now that i know that i think Halo 3 should come out just sometime between day1 of the 360 and maybe, at the latest, May of '06.

6. thebeard

thebeard Guest

yea i kno it shocked the hell out of me too. but they had some kind of backwords idea that said they would lower the ps2 to $99 to take attention away from the 360 but as soon as the 360 comes out the xbox is goin down to $99. so yea..

7. CpnCrunch

CpnCrunch Member

well sony is going to have to do something about their pricing b/c i just read about the price and from the tech that sony is using in the PS3, its not gonna be cheap. There is talk of a $700 price tag at minimum. i mean hell just for the blu ray discs they are using for their games, the price on those will be from $80 to $90. check out the console news at megagames.com for more

8. thebeard

thebeard Guest

yea iv already read about that i wanna see the future to see how well the ps3 dose i really wanna kno. (havnt u noiticed we havnt even said one word about the revolution??LOL.)

9. CpnCrunch

CpnCrunch Member

yea ironic that the first huge videogame company is not even talked about. i think nintendo's days are numbered. they can market all the kids games they want just give TLoZ to microsoft and be done with it.

10. thebeard

thebeard Guest

lol yea well thats wut they get fer makin kids games

11. CpnCrunch

CpnCrunch Member

they are so afraid of releasing a mature rated game. i remember back in the day when BMXXX came out that both the PS2 and Xbox had nudity in their version, something that nintendo was missing. HMMMMMMMMMM. well hell like i said just hand over Zelda to microsoft and start walking b/c they are up sh*t creek.

12. thebeard

thebeard Guest

amen to that brother but i think they should at least(even if there not goin under) sell metroid to microsoft i mean its there only good shooting game may as well hurry things up.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2005
  13. CpnCrunch

CpnCrunch Member

touche beard. I really didnt like Prime 1 or 2 i never enjoyed it b/c i hated that dumbass controller. it was such and still is a POS. give me prime and an xbox controller and i'm set.

14. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

For all you halo fans don't take this the wrong way but halo 1,2 sucks for xbox. I love halo for pc though. Only reason i said it was cause the conntrol is impossible to use. hard to shoot and not very fun. I get pissed. Halo for pc is the same thing as halo for xbox. But way better to move. I'm waiting for halo 2 to come out for Pc.
    Because pc games are the best. Better than ps2 or xbox.You just need the right computer. and have cable if you want to play online like me. PEACE OUT

15. Doggy_Bot

Doggy_Bot Guest

Youre on drugs! Halo & Halo 2 are amazing for the Xbox!

16. halo360

halo360 Guest

they shouldnt drop the price of the xbox or drop it very very low like $29.99 so xbox 1 can do nothing to hurt xbox360 sales. halo 3 should be put on the 360 only and not xbox too that could hurt xbox360 sales, and i would think they will try to not hurt xbox360 sales. the PS2 thing is a bad idea for sony many most console gamers have on. the PS3 coming out a year later is bad very bad but i think they might have got away form halo3 but i see it this way the rockstar isnt going to wait a year to have a PS3 deal with the next GTA, and go to xbox360, and all so MS didnt say when fable 2 is coming out, so MS could do a big deal when PS3 comes out drop the price and have fable2 and halo3 as a deal and GTA.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2005
  17. thebeard

thebeard Guest

ok rihgt682 were u dropped on your head as a kid because i found the computer version sucks. halo 2 isnt gunna come out for the computer. and its not the contrllers fault you suck at aiming and moving a little joystick on a contrller and y do u think halo for the computer is way cheaper then for xbox???? maby because it sucks

18. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

I think computer games are way better than xbox.(LIke doom3,halo)The contrller is relly hard for xbox.But that's just me.

19. thebeard

thebeard Guest

see i think differently i always thought that fps games were better on computer but when u get a big tv good surround sound and a good game it makes u realize that consoles "can" be better but since a lot of computer games are coming out for console exspecially xbox its makeing the franchise better

20. Ragnarok2

Ragnarok2 Guest

MS is making a big mistake by even trying to compete with the PS3, which will screw the CrapBox 180 over completely. Seriously, if you watched the Sony E3 press conference and then the Microsoft press conference, the PS3 just has so much more to offer. Awesome games too. Killzone for PS3 is going to blow everything to pieces.