MultiMedia Card through camcorder?? anyone know?

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by HDS, Feb 2, 2006.

1. HDS

HDS Member

hello i have a jvc, but that doesnt matter really beacuse i think it would be the same for all cams. i have a multimedia card in it (flash card) and i tryed using different things on the comp but nothing can let me copy the pictures on it to my comp.

i have conected it trough firewire and it works great because i am able to copy videos. but when i switch to the cam memory all i can do is see the digital screen on my computer through my computer/camcorder.

anyone knows how to actualyl copy the pictures on the computer from that?

thank you

2. philraz

philraz Regular member

you should have recieved software with your cam which will either contain a twain driver or a application that allows you to download your images
    Check out JVC's Site for downloads

3. HDS

HDS Member

i did but it is only good for a COM plug, which is very slow and horrible quality. i should be able to get it straight from the firewire... but the software is only made for windows me and before. so back then they didnt have firewires. it works on my comp but will not let me connect it thru firwire (with that software).

4. philraz

philraz Regular member

if the images are being tranfered as bmps or jpegs there should be no downgrade of quality
    have you checked jvcs site for upgrades ?
    or maybe contact their customer service

Last edited: Feb 2, 2006
  5. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

Most camcorders that have a memory card for stills, use USB for transfer. I bet your camcorder also has a USB connection. If you have XP and you connect the camcorder using USB, it should be recognized automatically and the memory card will show up as an external hard drive. Then you can just copy the images.

6. HDS

HDS Member

um as far as i know most cams are not usb there firewire.. and thats what mine is.. and its not recognizing it

7. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

Most models, especially those that also have a memory card for shooting stills, have both. Firewire for video transfer and USB for tranfer of data from the memory card. Which model do you have?

8. HDS

HDS Member

hmm i have the jvc dvm90u.. i only see a firewire one... i wish i could find a usb one. lol that would b so much easyer

9. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

Ah, right. That's an old one :-(
    There should be a docking station with it. On the docking station there is an RS232 connection...stone age...
    Another simple solutions is to remove the card and put it in a card reader. If you don't have a card reader, put it into a digital photocamera that accepts MMC cards, and connect that to your PC with USB.

10. HDS

HDS Member

good idea. thanks