Multiple Operating Systems

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Steffie, May 3, 2003.

1. Steffie

Steffie Member

I'm having a problem I hope someone could help with. I'm trying to figure out how to run multiple OS on my computer. I currently have 3 hard drives installed. The master 'C' drive is running Windows XP. I also have a 'D' drive used mainly for storage, and an 'F' drive.
    The 'F' drive is a slave drive and already has Windows 98 installed on it. (It actually used to be the master drive on a former computer) Is it possible for me to dual boot with this setup? And how would I do that? There are things I need Win 98 for that XP isn't working with.

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions.

2. jnihil

jnihil Moderator Staff Member

There are many boot loaders around, but BootMagic used to work quite well for me when I used to have 98/NT/linux on a single pc. You'll probably find a demo at the PowerQuest site.

Rgds,
    jnihil.

3. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

wassup..
    here' oyur best bet on dual boot os..
    i have tripled booted my system before with windows 98, 2000, XP.

The main thing is to have 3 seperate partitions for each OS and the order in which you install the OS's.

You want to install Windows98 first to the C:, then do a clean install of windows 2000 to your D:, then do a clean install of windows xp to your E: (windows has a built in boot loader, very basic that lets you choose your OS).

remember that when you install a program when using win98, it won't be availabe in win2000 or xp..
    peaec
    seamonkey420