1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multipule movies

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by ivy5, Nov 18, 2006.

1. ivy5

ivy5 Member

Hi there afterdawn lovers
    Does anyone out there have any information on how to put multiple DVD MOVIES on to a single layered disc. Any information would be helpfull.

2. Berryone

Berryone Regular member

Just Check out the GUIDE section.

3. surfgeo

surfgeo Regular member

you're gonna have a huge amount of compression and likely lose significant picture quality.

4. ivy5

ivy5 Member

Hi there

Thanks for the info, checked out the guide section for mutiple movies and it is closed. Thought I would try putting my more than one movie on to a disc to see what the quality would be like and to save money

5. surfgeo

surfgeo Regular member

if you were looking at this guide:

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/multiple_dvd_to_dvdr_dvd_shrink.cfm

the only part that is deleted is the part about ripping your disk(s) to the hard drive, as when you use dvdfabdecrypter or anydvd or ripit4me (which has shrink built in as part of the process). the rest of the guide there shows you how to use shrink to "re-author" a new dvd containing the files that now exist on your hard drive. the guide has all the steps and is nicely illustrated to make things pretty clear.

like i said, if you are talking about commercial dvds, it is likely that you will be compressing things to around 50% or so if you try to get 2 films per dvd. there is likely to be visible pixelation at that compression, especially if you view them on a larger screen tv.

as for cost, you ought to be able to find good quality blank dvds (taiyo yuden, verbatim, sony (made in japan)) for around 30 to 40 cents per disk (american$). considering the cost of new commercial dvds, (or even used ones from blockbuster or netflix, etc. at $6 and up), 30 cents for a good quality backup seems pretty reasonable to me, especially if you want to have a decent quality picture.

my suggestion, try putting 2 on a disk and watch them. if you are happy with the picture quality, that's all that matters.

good luck.

6. ivy5

ivy5 Member

Thankyou surfgeo

for the infomation I will give it a try and see how it works, and you are right it is cheap when you think about it.