Mvisto - Portable DivX Player

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by Jay_wils, Jul 25, 2005.

1. Jay_wils

Jay_wils Guest

I am looking for a similar product to the Mvisto but in a 3.5" DivX certified version. Is there really a big difference between DivX certified players and those that say they play DivX content? Can someone recomend a good unit for me which I can use to playback my movies on my Plasma?

So far I found this one that does not look bad. Only hitch is it is not 3.5". Has anyone tried one of these? Are they worth the money?

http://www.macpower.com.tw/products/hdd2/mvisto

Macpower Mvisto is a USB hard drive that also plugs into TVs, VCRs, cable boxes or satellite tuners with an AV cable for instant playback of stored movies, music or photos. Plug and play on your PC or Mac through Hi-Speed USB to store data and then view your media on almost any TV or monitor. Compatible with HDTV quality video and Dolby Digital or DTS quality audio, there's no compromise on quality with home theaters. Share home-movies and photos with friends and family, or use it for exhibitions, promotions, and delivering rough cuts to clients. The Macpower Mvisto’s user-friendly interface and remote control provide for an easy set-up. The VOD (Video On-Demand) feature allows you to go online to rent or buy DivX VOD movies from the DivX website. Build your own virtual library of up to 80 MPEG4 DviX movies, 15 MPEG-2 DVD movies or up to 80,000 photos or nearly 20,000 MP3s music and carry them with you anywhere.

2. Jay_wils

Jay_wils Guest