Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by KZG, Jun 25, 2007.
My backup dvds arent recognized windows cant read this type of format
Any help please
Hi and welcome to AD. We would be more than happy to try to help you out, but we need to clear up a few specifics first.
1. What DVD movie are you attempting to back-up?
2. How are you decrypting the movie?
3. Is this movie run through any transcoder or encoder to create a DVD-5 or are you burning onto a DVD-9?
4. What program are you using to burn?
5. What DVD media are you using to burn?
6. What speed are you burning at?
7. What brand/model DVD burner are you using? Is the firmware up to date?
8. What OS is your PC currently using?
Try to answer as many of these or all if you can and we could start to establish a potential problem.
if you already burned your DVDs and now your computer can't read the disks, it may not be that Windows can't read this type of format. It may be from bad media. what are the media that you are using to backup your DVDs? how old or when did you backup your DVDs? Yes, like ebega mentioned, we do need more info than what you are giving us.
Thanks for the quick reply. I use DVD shrink @ Nero 7 @ sometimes Any DVD @ Clone DVD. Media used is Verbatim - 16@ Memorex -16. Burner 7170 NEC @ 3550 NEC firmware probably isnt up to date could this be the answer. Burning at max
firstly, don't use memorex discs because they are made by CMC Magnetics, who are one of the worst manufacturers. Secondly, burn your discs at half of the speed it is labeled as to minimize errors.
I agree completely with what sukhvail has said. Stick with the Verbatim discs...they are great discs and have served me well. Just to be on the safe side, I would update your burner firmware. Go to the following link and download the newest firmware for your burner and keep us updated.
Separate names with a comma.