My computer wont shut down

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by laceyn, May 5, 2003.

1. laceyn

laceyn Member

I downloaded kazaa and now my computer wont shut down. I get a blue screen and it tells me that there is an error 06 at 03BE:00000C0C
    please tell me what i can do to stop it.
    i'm gettin desperate here
    niki

2. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Hello
    That sounds similar to what the Subseven virus would do, this was released generically onto Kazaa and why most people switched to Kazaalite or other derivatives. Are you on a Notebook? If so hold down the power button for 5seconds to reboot and see if you can get back into your operatoring system. If not a Notebook then unplug the computer let sit for 15min and reboot to see if can get back to you operatoring system. Try and run an antivirus software and see how bad the system is. Also try uninstalling Kazaa and see if that fixes things. If not then you may have a Virus and May need to format and start fresh. Hopefully thats not the case. Good luck

3. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

subseven is not a virus, it is a trojan, quite a nasty one at that. it has the wonderful capability to melt itself after install and is undetectable to most common enduser antivirus software. to know if you have subseven, check and see if you have port 27374 open. it's also used with port 1243, but not as often. the older versions of subseven are now being detected by antivirus software, but i hear the newer versions are just plain brilliant in design.