My dashboard is gone

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by mAh3u, Oct 24, 2005.

1. mAh3u

mAh3u Member

ok this is what happened i had softmodded my xbox with the splinter cell exploit and i clicked the back up the drives then instal softmod then installed unleash x played some modded halo maps for a few days then i was bored in my unleash x menu i went to format e drive and then checked to go play my sper nintendo emulator and nothing was there everything was gone (games saves, emuators, applictions) my dashboard i still had so i went to my ftp program and took he dashboard file and put it on my computer incase i needed it... so i deleted that thinking i would go back to the original dashboard so i could redo the exploit and install it again and now whenever i start up my xbox i get the xbox intro screen(no error message or anything) just stays there until i put a game in so all i can do is play games but with none of the profiles i had b4 PLLEEEAAAASSSSSEEEEE !!!!! HELP!!! ASAP!!

2. steimy

steimy Active member

sounds like you erased something for sure.
    You can reinstall EvoX and a lot of apps, emulators
    and games by getting Slayer 2.6
    It has a lot of options including just reformatting your HDD
    and reinstalling a lot of stuff and starting over. I think it also
    have the Unleashed X dash and possible Avalanch dash too
    But it a great program to have. Just FTP things like you game saves
    if there are any, over to your PC and reformat & reinstall

I can get you instructions for using it if you want them.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2005
  3. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

So you can still play games right? You should be able to re-installl the softmod through the game as you had previously done.

4. mAh3u

mAh3u Member

i cant reinstall it because all of my gamesaves are gone and yes i would like instructions on how to use the auto installer or w/e idk how to do it idk if my xbox would run the disk because its an old xbox

5. larrylje

larrylje Active member

go to Xbins and download the auto instaler. It has a few installers on there. "Slayer Auto Installer" or "Auto Installer deluxe" etc etc. below is a guide to follow that shows you how to get the programs from Xbins.

http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/xbins.php

This could have been avoided if you would have FTP your C: and E: folders to your computer and burnt them to disc as a backup. When you get it fixed id suggest that you do it.

I took my old softmod off and installed a new 1 yesterday. Before I installed the new softmod I went into the game saves and deleted the game save exploit off.

Then when I went to install the new softmod I couldnt cause i forgot to revert the Xbox back to the MS dashboard. Luckly I backed up my E: drive and just FTPed to my Xbox and copied the backup E: folder to my Xbox and got the gamesave back.

Worked like a charm. Now I can play the newer games like NBA Live with the new softmod. But would have had alot of trouble if I wouldnt have backup my E: folder before.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2005