My Xbox backups down work please help

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by epstein1, Apr 5, 2006.

1. epstein1

epstein1 Member

Hi just need some help with my xbox backups, Im doing all the right steps have xbox networked to computer copy files to my HDD and create ISO, Have used craxtion,Xwiq, and Xiso then burn to DVD-R and all I get is Disk may be dirty or damaged. I have tryed different quality media as well and have mixed resluts I would say Im getting about a 30% success ratio and recently attempted a backup of the Godfather and that didnt work either, winning eleven 8 soccer did work...the Godfather and every game actually works great running off of my Xbox HD using dvd2xbox to extract...problem is with the burning or something to that nature. If someone could shed some light on this I woul appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

2. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Describe your burning process. And what media are you using?

3. epstein1

epstein1 Member

Thanks for the reply;

I put game in the xbox connect to xbox form pc with ftp client copy the files from the game to a directory on hard drive, use the iso creater programs usually craxion (but have use the others as well) then burn to DVD-R with DVD-dycrptor (usually) have also tryed alcohol 120% with exact same results. Media I have used is Memorex and Fujifilm DVD-R. As stated in my first post games work fine off of xbox HDD, just run into issues when burning. Look forward to your reply. Thanks in advance.

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Sounds to me your doing it correctly.

Try to use Quix. I will put a link for it below. You can set it up so Quix will connect via FTP and pull the files from your D: folder(Xbox Drive) and make the Xiso in 1 step.

http://www.teamavalaunch.com/qwix/

If that program dosent work then more then likly it is media. Xbox drives can be picky about what media it will be compatible with. You need to find High Quility media that works well and is consistent with good burns for your backup games.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2006
  5. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Well it does sound like you're doing it right. What speed are you burning at, though?

Memorex is bad media. Search it here in the forums and you'll see many agree. Fuji is good, though.

6. epstein1

epstein1 Member

Burning at 2X speed

7. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

I don't know man, the reasons are really thinning out. I use craxtion 4 also, burn at 2.4x on ty's (fuji are good) and they play fine. This is in a v1.0 machine (with a samsung drive).

Two more things. How do originals play in the drive and when is the last time you cleaned the laser?