n00b help!!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by bullet21, Nov 1, 2004.

1. bullet21

bullet21 Member

Hi guys,
    I have a downloaded image of an xbox game. It's and .ISO of a game called Juiced. I also have my xbox mod chipped. I was just wondering how i burn it to a dvd so i can play it on my xbox. What program should i use? what kind of dvd to use (ie: dvd9, dvd+r or dvd-r)? and what brand of disc is good. and also can you burn .bin/.cue files as well.

All help is appreciated.

2. BR7

BR7 Regular member

Nero or DVD Decrypter (IMO, easiest to use) to burn ISO's.

DVD 5's are fine for 99.9 % of games. -R's should work for 99 % of the drives, +R's are hit-or-miss for me, you have to test them yourself.. so dont buy a 50 pack spindle of +R's to find out they don't work for your XboX. Also, CD-RW's work for games under 700MB.

Good brands.. Verbatim (hard to find now) and Ritek G04's, but again, find a brand that works and stick with it. I burn @ 2x, but have burned @4x to test my DVDs and Firmware to see if it would burn that fast and games have worked, but I usually stick with 2x, 1x on occasion.

Bin/Cue files in Nero work, when you open Nero, close the wizzard that opens by default and click File--> Open. In file type choose CUE/BIN and find your file.. Violaaa
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]--------------------------
    \¯\/¯/ |¯|)¯) /¯/\¯\ \¯\/¯/
    /_/\_\ |_|)_) \_\/_/ /_/\_\
    --------------------------[/small]

Last edited: Nov 1, 2004
  3. debs182

debs182 Member

I use the ritek media and never had a single problem with games or movies, the quickest way i find to burn em is to just right click on the iso file and open with nero and just burn!

4. myxbox

myxbox Member

I have an answer.

5. bullet21

bullet21 Member

thanx guys, but one more question. When i open it in Dvd decryptor, should i just burn it with the default settings. What does Burn proof, verify and test mean.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2004
  6. bullet21

bullet21 Member

also can the xbox play dvd9 (which is dual layer, if i'm not mistaken). I mean with the standard cd rom drive.

7. thebrain

thebrain Member

Xbox can play DVD5 and DVD9 discs. I have had no problem just using Nero to burn my ISO's. The ISO has to be made with a XBOX iso creator though. You cant just make your own ISO.

the brain