NCAA Football 06-HDD Backup Not Working

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Jbizzle, Aug 8, 2005.

1. Jbizzle

Jbizzle Member

I am having alot of trouble with NCAA football 06 running from my HDD, it freezes at the evoX loading screen. I have tried checking for media checks on the xbe, clearing my cache,and deleting all my saved games and everything from the X/Y/Z drives. But nothing works, it still just does locks up, Midnight Club Dub Edition does the same for me. Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this???

-John

2. bobbyfree

bobbyfree Guest

I'm running ncaa 06 on my hard drive w/no problem. I would try a different dash. Avalaunch is really cool and it works w/qwix. So you can use that to put multiple isos on your hdd at once and FAST.

3. bobbyfree

bobbyfree Guest

Also, before you do that try to change your game region setings in evox to auto.

4. Jbizzle

Jbizzle Member

I got it, i was using xISO but read some posting saying how it messes up extracting some iso's, so i tried qwix and the games works perfect now. Thanks for your help.

5. jamieshan

jamieshan Member

Can I load an Xbox Iso on my Xbox hard drive, or does it have to be ripped? Thanks.

6. Jbizzle

Jbizzle Member

It has to be extracted, but if you get qwix it will extract the iso and send it to your xbox at the same time.

7. sarahn11

sarahn11 Member

i am having a problems with it too, except i cant burn it to a disk, i get to the press start screen and i get a dirty disk error...

someone said i have to update the default xbe or something, but im a bit of a noob with all this xbox modding (only got a modded box about 2 months ago)

Wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction??

Cheers

8. jamieshan

jamieshan Member

sarahn11 I had a similiar problem. In fact, the original copy of this game will not even boot up in my system! My back up would boot up but it would freeze at the same screen. It finally worked when I tried a different brand media and now it works perfectly. Its funny how the original will not work in my system, but the back up works great! Maybe try a different brand of dvdr

Last edited: Aug 16, 2005
  9. sarahn11

sarahn11 Member

hey, well i originally burned the copy onto a dvd-r brand memorex, with a speed of 4x, and it got to the title screen, press start.

i now burned it with verbaitim at 1x...took an hour and now it wont load!!

And i actually misread the title of this thread, im having prblems with Madden 06

but i have ncaa 06 too and it worked first tiem, even with memorex!!!
    i really dont know what to do!

10. jamieshan

jamieshan Member

My copy with the Memorex would not work. Once I switched to Fuji dvd-r they both worked fine. I'm switching out my harddrive soon, and when I do I'm going to "tweak" my laser so it can read different types of media. You may want to look into doing the same thing.

11. sarahn11

sarahn11 Member

so i wrote it with a verbaitim dvd-r at 5x with alc 120 and it works brilliant!!

yeah i think i might get a bit of tweeking done to my box, although, im not sure i want to spend anymore money on it, as i plan to buy an xbox 360 when it comes out and the find a way to mod it......but that could be ages!!