NCAA football 2006 HDD trouble

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by bbgambini, Jul 12, 2005.

1. bbgambini

bbgambini Member

Help please. I loaded NCAA Football 2006 to my xbox HDD, when I try to play it, it just pauses on the blue EvoX screen. When loading from dvd2xbox it pauses on a black screen. It also will not load the original game. I recently upgraded my HDD to a Seagate 160GB and San Andreas and the other 2 GTAs work fine from the HDD. Also my DVD-RW game backups that worked perfectly in the past stopped working suddenly. All of my original(retail) games work except for Madden 2005 and NCAA football 2006. I would greatly appreciate any help.

2. telephone

telephone Member

I'm having the exact same problem! I recently put a 250Gig hard drive in my softmodded xbox, and now a few retail games just aren't working. The games include DDR Ultramix 1 and 2, and now NCAA Football 2006. I really hope there is some logical explanation, because I'd hate to go through all that only to find that some games randomly don't work now...

3. telephone

telephone Member

I found a solution that worked for me... Try deleting all the files in your E/CACHE folder and anything on the X, Y, Z drives. I didn't have anything on X Y or Z, but when I cleared the cache NCAA 2006 loaded without any problems, so give that a try.

4. bbgambini

bbgambini Member

i also found it. thanks for posting.

5. Boooo

Boooo Member

The Same thing is Happing w/ PS2 With new Blue Bottoms, They are going away with these Chips that you can put into your Systems.So you'll have to by a new system by 2006. Burning DVD & CD Will be STOPED!!!!! My Wifes Brother works at Microsoft in California. If you don't beleive me, You'll see..

6. mrredskin

mrredskin Member

so, bbgambini, and telephone, did clearing your cache work for the both of you? i cleared mine but still cant get it to work. after you cleared it, how did you start the game? did you rest the xbox, then try, or what?

7. telephone

telephone Member

I can't remember for sure, but all I seem to remember is clearing the cache over the FTP, restarting the xbox, then being able to play NCAA/all the games that weren't working. Did you try deleting anything on the X, Y, and Z drives? Because that is also reccomended, although I didn't have anything in them.

8. mrredskin

mrredskin Member

i didnt have anything in those drives either. do you remember what files were in the cache? i had two, localcahce00 and localcache08. still couldnt get to work tho. i used avalaunch to delete them

9. bollywoo

bollywoo Guest

hey, i am having the same problem that mrredskin is having with NCAA 2006. I tried clearing the cache on E and it still won't work. Did you get it working mrredskin? Also, now my other EA sports games I have backed up on my HDD won't work (Madden 2005, Fight Night round 2 and FIFA 2005). Does anyone know how to fix this? Please help, I have been searching the web non stop.
    Thanks

10. bbgambini

bbgambini Member

11. bbgambini

bbgambini Member

you could also try turning off tsr(systems utils/settings) and setting the date and time on the ms dashboard to the correct time. some games use a calender for certain features. let me know if this or the link above helped.

12. bollywoo

bollywoo Guest

thanks for the advice, I actually got everything working. It turned out to be a problem with the game region settings. I had it at Auto for GTA San Andreas, but all the ea sports games now need to be on Default setting.
    peace

13. bbgambini

bbgambini Member

my ea games work fine on ntsc, but whatever as long as the games work again.

14. mrredskin

mrredskin Member

ive just bought a new samsung drive. had a thomson and figured since absolutely nothing else has been working that this might be the problem. will update once i get it.