NCAA Football 2006 rosters?? Can you FTP them?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by joonbugg, Jul 11, 2005.

1. joonbugg

joonbugg Member

Does anybody know if there is a way you can FTP the rosters to the Xbox? I dont have Action Replay. I may have to send my memory card in for them, but I wish there was an easier way. The game is great by the way.

2. Slimberg

Slimberg Member

i havent checked but go look at xbox-saves.com.

3. tankpower

tankpower Regular member

Yes you can. I just got the Fairdale King rosters 15 min ago.

1) Download roster file from site.

2) If using Action Replay, drag zipped roster file onto AR mem card.

3) If using FTP, unzip save file to get UDATA folder. Drag this folder over to the xbox.

I forget exactly where UDATA goes, but it's pretty obvious from what I remember. I've done it several times when downloading saves and cheats. Be sure not to overwrite saves for other games, if that's even an issue (I don't recall). Just look around the existing UDATA folder(s) to get a feel for where the saves go.

4. gob2100

gob2100 Guest

I also do not have action replay, but what does FTP mean? And how do i do it? do i somehow connect my xbox to my computer, somebody hellllppp!!! Thanks.

5. Slimberg

Slimberg Member

"but what does FTP mean?"

WOW... if u dont even know what ftp is... iono what to tell u... lol...
    ftp = file transfer protocol

to make a looooong story short...

its how most poeple connect to web servers (among other things) and its how u will need to connect to your xbox to transfer files back and forth.

6. gob2100

gob2100 Guest

But how can i transfer rosters to my xbox. I downloaded the Fairdale King rosters, but it's in my pc, so how do i get it onto my xbox? Do i have to do it over xbox live or something? You guys probably all think i am a huge retard, but im not really as literate as some people are with technology, thanks though.

7. Slimberg

Slimberg Member

by your ignorance of ftp, i am assuming that you dont even have a modchip in your xbox do u?

i say that becuase in order for u to have a modchip (let alone have one installed) its next to impossible to think that u would have gone through buying a chip and installing it without even knowing how it would come in handy....

in which case i say to u this: i think u are asking the wrong questions.

the ftp is how people transfer files back and forth between their computer and their xbox... it is SOFTWARE.

in order for u to use ftp, you need a MODCHIP installed on your computer.

basically, u are asking about ftp but u dont have the ability to take advantage of it yet. So ... until u get to that point, why bother?

8. Boooo

Boooo Member

I don't know What the Hell Slimberg is Chatting about!MODCHIP, WOW i think you need one in your head! You need Modchips in both systems to update roster.........LOSER!!!!! Hey Kid, All you have to do is, This will be easy for you. Just Sign up for a One month XBOX live & You can update Roster There. Let Him spend all the money on MODCHIPS.....ROFL

9. jeaux

jeaux Member

Whoops. I downloaded the roster and ftp'd into my xbox. I replaced the folder 45410080 inside the Udata folder with the one I downloaded. Now NCAA 06 won't work.
    All my other games work though, both with the original disc and off the hardrive but NCAA won't come on either way. It just kicks back into the evox dashboard.

10. jeaux

jeaux Member

I got it fixed. Here's what I did just incase there are other that need help. I had to delete everything in the folder, then FTP back into my xbox and copy the files from Madden folder in the Udata directory back into the 06. After I rebooted, it kicked on straight from the disc. Now that I know how to fix it, I tried one more time with the roster. This time I used xbox saves manager instead of straight FTP. Now it works all the way.

11. umitguy

umitguy Member

Where did you download the rosters at? I can't find them anywhere.

12. tankpower

tankpower Regular member

I used Fairdale King's rosters. Check the PS2 NCAA 2006 board over on gamefaqs for all the links.

They will be updating the rosters when the season starts, too, to account for all the changes upcoming (injuries, suspensions, transfers, different starters, etc).

Also, they keep working on better sliders for the AI to produce more realistic stats and correct flaws in the game. As lame as gamefaqs usually is, the NCAA board is pretty helpful.

13. Boooo

Boooo Member

I Updated my Roster for 1A Can some one Hyper Link me to 1AA Roster Download files please? XBOX

Last edited: Jul 16, 2005
  14. Watusi

Watusi Member

Is it possible to download the rosters directly from xbox live?

15. Slimberg

Slimberg Member

boo: "I don't know What the Hell Slimberg is Chatting about!MODCHIP, WOW i think you need one in your head! You need Modchips in both systems to update roster.........LOSER!!!!! Hey Kid, All you have to do is, This will be easy for you. Just Sign up for a One month XBOX live & You can update Roster There. Let Him spend all the money on MODCHIPS.....ROFL"

are u f^#$% serious? ur a retard... so ur gonna suggest that he pay at least 20 a MONTH just for ONE FREAKIN ROSTER??? u need help homeboy

idiot

i would even suggest downloading a roster to from the internet onto a memory card and load it THAT way...

BOO DONT KNOW WHAT THE HELL HE'S TALKIN BOUT (stop tryna sound cool)

16. ryder101

ryder101 Guest

just chill ese.

17. gibbo82

gibbo82 Member

i was able to use save manager to get the save on to my xbox, but no matter which version of the roster i put in there it says it is damaged and can't load it. i've tried FKrosters, xbox-saves, and gamerosters.com. everytime it says damaged. is there something i'm missing? can someone help me find an undamaged roster? thanks.

18. jeaux

jeaux Member

what version save manager are u using. 4.5 is the latest and is supposed to be much better.

Whats New:

- Fixed bug where saves become corrupted when transferring individual saves from XBox to PC
    - Fixed bug where empty saves are created when FTP connection to XBox is lost.
    - Fixed bug when deleting saves on PC
    - Descriptions for saves no longer allowed on XBox, only for saves on PC
    - Autoconverts non-compatible XBSM/MXK saves so ALL saves should load in XBSM (except for Gameshark saves but who cares)
    - Removes copy protection on saves during transfers so that they can be copied to memory card within MS Dashboard
    - Added feature to indicate your XBox region so all saves transferred to PC will display correct region

19. dlaw5099

dlaw5099 Member

how do u download the rosters from xbox live? i been thinking about getting it to play ppl online cuz im a beast at fight night 2 and i have no comp around here, so if i can get ncaa rosters off xbox live then it's official, i'm gettin it, can anyone help?? thanks

20. waytiuk

waytiuk Member

Ok so i downloaded fairdales 06 rosters, ftp'd them to correct folder and i get a message saying save is corrupt any suggestions?