NEC ND-1300A 2X-4X burning problem

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by djscott19, Nov 10, 2003.

1. djscott19

djscott19 Member

i just bought a new NEC 1300A OEM Dual format DVD-+RW Drive and proceeded to burn a dvd but nero wont let me burn at more than 2x. I updated the frimware to latest version which is 1.8 and still nero doesent let me change it to 4X? is anybody having these problems can somebody else help me out. also the drive didint come with drivers so im wondering if there is an updated driver...ive been searching all over the net for a new driver but cant find one not even on NEC's website. someone please help me out. Oh and i am using 4x media its just that nero grays out the option for 4x only 2x...please help

2. vodoo

vodoo Member

Hi
    I have had this drive for a few months and have the same problem.It aint Nero,nero works great.The only media I have ever been able to burn at 4X are as follows
    Ritek DvD-R Works great the best
    memorex DVD-R no problems yet (DVD+R are OK too)
    Princo DVD-R with the 4X stamped on the disk Are GOOD
    Infosmart DVD-R are OK
    Maxell well I wish I could return them.
    If you live in Canada check out blankmedia.ca and this isn't an advert. just checkout the forms and see.

3. RipperMan

RipperMan Member

Hi there i have 2 of these nec nd1300a's and yes its a media prob with nero not seeing the right dvd speed i came across a site here with some hacked firmware its good i use it and it alowed me to use alot more media on them @ the right speed ! and without any error's

go here >> http://herrie.rpc1.org/ <<
    one thing this will void your warrenty if some thing goes wrong with it so have a good think about it !

The Ripper Man UK

4. RipperMan

RipperMan Member

Hi there i have 2 of these nec nd1300a's and yes its a media prob with nero not seeing the right dvd speed i came across a site here with some hacked firmware its good i use it and it alowed me to use alot more media on them @ the right speed ! and without any error's

one thing this will void your warrenty if some thing goes wrong with it so have a good think about it !

The Ripper Man UK

5. RipperMan

RipperMan Member

The Ripper Man UK

6. RipperMan

RipperMan Member

Whops i click to menny times .. lol :)