Need Back up opinions and success stories

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by scs2699, Jul 14, 2005.

1. scs2699

scs2699 Member

OK. Here is the deal. I have everything I need and have successfuly made 2 back ups so far, but it's seems that I made 2 dozen coasters to get two back ups.

I have craxtion, quix, Alchol, dvddycrpter, GamesXcopy, Nero, flashfxp,IPswitch WS_FTP, Core FTP Lite.

I have yet to find the winning cobination, the two good back ups I made doesn't work with all the other atempts.

Question: What do you use and what is your success rate and is there a process that I am missing?

Let me also say that yes I have read the tutorials on many different forums. I would like first hand experiances from my fellow modders.

Thanks.

2. manufan

manufan Regular member

Hi mate! I always use flash fxp to ftp the games files to my pc and then use qwix to create an iso out of it. Then i use dvd decrypter to burn at 4x using various different media, although i prefer ritek GO4 or GO5 dyes. If it helps my burner is a lite-on SOHW1633S. I always use this process and it never fails.

3. scs2699

scs2699 Member

Thanks for the feedback!!

4. tankpower

tankpower Regular member

I use SmartFTP, Quix to make the iso, DVD Decrypter to burn, and Verbatim DVD-R discs. Works great, although my burner can't go slower than 4x.

However, I tried the same process with some Memorex DVD+R's and Phillips DVD-R's, and they don't always work (sometimes errors).

It really seems like the brand of media is a big factor.

5. scs2699

scs2699 Member

Thanks for the feedback. I used coreFTP lite, Quix, Alchol120% and a Sony+R and made a good back up this weekend but once I try it with another game I am making coasters again. It is really frustrating. I posted the same question on a diffrent site and a few people said they have a 95 to 100% success rate. I just can't see that's possible.

Keep the feedback coming everyone I am sure this will help alot of people. THANKS!

6. Flashed

Flashed Member

hi, i use FlashFXP to ftp from my xbox to pc craxtion 4 to make the iso and dvd decrypter to burn i use ricoh dvd+r media works a treat. also have you tried using craxtion i think its better cuz i backed my copy of fight night rn 2 i made the iso with qwix and it worked but the loading was slower and the game was choppy but when i tried craxtion it was perfect. its worth a try

7. splifling

splifling Member

hi yall i got this program on my xbox dash board that allows me to copy origionals to backup its called xboxcopy wack it in xbox copy it then drag it from xbox hdd useing flash then use xiso to make an iso out of the game files then burn simple as such