Need help after FTPing into xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by stephen13, May 27, 2005.

1. stephen13

stephen13 Member

Ok so i finally Ftp into my xbox with flash fxp and now when i go and put a game in the connection is lost.

I see seven folders alright but then when the game boots up i lose these folders and the connection.

Someone please help as i feel im so close.

2. crusoe

crusoe Member

i take it your trying to copy a game from the disc to the computer right? well to do this you have to first copy the game to the harddrive and then ftp the contents from the harddrive to the pc. make sure auto launch games is set to NO in system settings.

3. stephen13

stephen13 Member

Thanks for the reply Crusoe.

You see what im trying to do is this these are instructions off these forums

3. Getting the Game Files

Now, go in FlashFXP (or whatever FTP program you have), and make a new site called "XBOX" or whatever you prefer. For the I.P., type in 192.168.0.3, and for the username type xbox, and for the password type xbox.

Now, you should be able to connect. You should see 7 folders. If you have a game in, that's excellent. If you don't, put one in. Wait for a few minutes, and click on the D: drive.

You should now see a number of files. Depending on the game, some files may be in folder order or all of them may just be "flat-out" in no kind of order at all.

Regardless, make a folder on your PC. Now, select all the files of that game, and drag them over to the new folder. This is a direct rip. There is NO other way to get game files from an xbox disc to your pc.

If you have a big hdd in your xbox, and you just want to store your games there, then create a folder in your F: drive and name it "Games." So you're structure should look like "F:/Games." Now, use DVD2XBOX, and it will rip the games in the directory that you choose. This avoids the process of going to the pc and back to the xbox and saves a lot of time. You can obtain DVD2XBOX from Slayers Auto Installer or in IRC groups.

4. crusoe

crusoe Member

its true that the connection is lost when a game boots. you have to go to system mangement >> system settings .. and make sure auto launch game is set to No. then when you connect with flashFXP and click on D:\ the files will show up.

5. stephen13

stephen13 Member

Hi again crusoe.

I tried turning the auto game launch off yesterday but it had no effect the game would still boot up.

But i just recieved your reply now and decided to give it another shot and it works this time.So many thanks to you crusoe you the man.

Also can i rip games from the hard drive if i have a game on there?
    For instance i have forza motorsport on there now can i rip it off there and make a xiso out of the files with Qwix??

6. crusoe

crusoe Member

if you use QXIX, select "create ISO". then select FTP folder and select the folder that contains all the files for the game you want. then click 'create iso'. im not sure whether it creates an .xiso or an .iso. but if it creates an .iso simple use the other features of qwix to create the .xiso.

7. stephen13

stephen13 Member

Thanks once again crusoe.

I know i've troubled you enough on this but i was wondering if you could help me once more?

When i go and click on the D folder in flash fxp how do i transfer the files exactly it does'nt seem to work the way i do it.

For instance im trying to copy Project gotham racing 2 and here are seven folders and six files.

Im not quite sure what to do with them or how to drag them over to the folder i created for them

Do i highlight all these and then select transfer or do i have to go into each individual folder and select the files from there?

Any help would be great on this thanks.

8. crusoe

crusoe Member

1. what i do is create a folder on my pc e.g "Project gotham racing 2". 2. then connect to the xbox and show contents of the D:\ drive.
    3. then on the PC side of flashfxp go to the folder you just created and double click it so that you are in that directory e.g C:\My documents\xbox stuff\Project gotham racing 2 .
    4. then click on one file that is in the D:\ drive in you xbox and press CTRL + A (this should higlight everything).
    5. then left click and hold on any of the files and drag it to the folder on the PC side.

it should then begin the transfer from xbox to pc. hope that was what you were asking for

9. stephen13

stephen13 Member

Once again Crusoe thanks for the help it was really useful cheers