NEED HELP AFTER VCD HACK 3350E

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by lozza69er, Oct 14, 2005.

1. lozza69er

lozza69er Member

Hello everyone, i have a slight problem. The other night i decided to do the region hack on my dvd player which worked fine. Then i see a vcd hack which i also decided to do. Now my dvd player only plays sound and no picture. I hope i have not ruined it. Could someone please help!!

LG 3350E

Thanks

Lawrence

Last edited: Oct 14, 2005
  2. gear79

gear79 Guest

you may already have done the damage !!! sorry to say.. always be cautious of 'hacked' firmware, as it will most likely state, not responsible for error or ruined equipment, update at your own risk.
    try this though, unplug the player for at least 5 minutes so it can reset, then plug back in and try. if it does not work, other then being screwed, call lg, providing it still has warranty, and ask if they have a firmware cd available. of course dont mention your hacked firmware installation scheme... if they do, wait a few days for the disk and try it out. if it still fails, then do you have warranty. return it for a new or better model.
    i personally have the LG LDA-511, but had the LG LDVB-418 which i had many problems with and upgraded to the 511.
    hth

3. lozza69er

lozza69er Member

Tried switching it off and unplugging it for half hour, and it still dont work. It does not have any warranty, as i got it off my sisters boyfriend. Does anyone know if i can get a firmware disc from anywere on the net. I just want the picture back, audio is still there??:???? Please can someone help...............

4. gear79

gear79 Guest

run a google on your model, and at the end put forums..
    i found mine that way, and they had some .exe files that were available to download. i have the link, but i am not at home right now, otherwise i'd paste it here, but i am at work.

5. lozza69er

lozza69er Member

Still have not found anything that can help me at all. I think i might have to bin it????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!