need help booting burnt xbox games

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Rozilla, Nov 6, 2005.

1. Rozilla

Rozilla Member

I only have a problem with burnt backups, they dont work. What are some ways you guys know? Is there a boot disk I have to make?

xbox chip- xecuter 3

2. lofty2x2

lofty2x2 Guest

Hi there. Think im having similar probs.

I got a burnt game from a man selling games at a market.

It works fine on my xbox and also on my friends xbox too, and when I burn another copy of it using nero 7, it works fine on my xbox- the problem happens when I try to play the copy of the copy on my friends xbox-the game loads up but all parts with movie bits in them jump really bad and it keeps freezing(you can also hear the xbox struggling to read the disc)

My xbox is relatively old while my friends is quite new.
    Ive searched the forum but with no luck-its really confusing me.

Maybe the copy i bought has a right protect on it which stops copies of it being played on newer xboxs?-wierd, but it only happens on copies i make from this person-downloaded games copy fine and work on both machines?
    Any ideas?

3. modster

modster Regular member

not at all, if you can make a copy of the game, then you can play it on moded xbox. it depends on what dvd media you are using. I use verbatim and 100% of the times it work on my xbox v1.6b. Try a different dvd media and burn it at the slowest speed.

4. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Perhaps it's the type of disc you're using. Try another brand of disc. Also, how did you make your backup?