need help hocking up my xbox to my pc

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by clownie13, Oct 23, 2005.

1. clownie13

clownie13 Member

ok i been reading and i think my computer is way diferent than everyones. Im trying to connect my x box to my pc but dont know how.
    Here is how my set up is.

I have an external com21 moden that connects to my pc with an usb port .then ther is a cable that is connected to my walll that runs to my modem (by the way i its a cable modem_. I read abouth routers and dont dont if i might need 1 because my modem has an extra ethernet port.
    I just need to know how i can hook it up so i can trasfer files from my pc to my xbox.

dont know if this can help you help me if u need pics on how my set up is i will post them.

can some 1 please help me

2. clownie13

clownie13 Member

3. berty642

berty642 Regular member

Hi
    Ive never come across that sort of modem before but you will need a straight through lead to connect from your modem to your xbox, or an easier way may be to buy and an install an nic card and connect with a crossover lead. Check out this guide on how to ftp into your xbox http://webpages.charter.net/modchipzone/ftpingproblem.htm if you dont want to buy flashfxp after the trial is over do a search on download.com for coreftp lite which is free which will do the same job although it doesnt look as good as flash.

4. clownie13

clownie13 Member

do u have to have a custom dash to get the job done. IM sorry if im telling u to late but i still dont have a chip in my xbox. should i install one and then try or can i do this without a chip.

5. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

@clownie13It can be done with an xbox that is Softmodded with a dashboard. If you have an unmodified xbox and you're trying to connect it to your PC...it won't work.

6. clownie13

clownie13 Member

k thanks allot berty642 & tEChniiQue