1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help, homebrew channel not loading??

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by msw777, May 19, 2009.

1. msw777

msw777 Member

I am a noob and need some help. I softmoded my wii with the twilight hack 3 months ago, but now my homebrew channel will not load anything? It reads the SD card and goes to the bubbles. The small world icon in the lower right flashes a couple of times and that is it...nothing...just bubbles. Is it stuck trying to update?
    I have checked my sd cards, they are fine. Not sure what happened, it worked when I originally installed it?
    Wii ver 3.4u
    Homebrew 1.0.1 10536 v12.18
    rev9
    What I am trying to do is load a custom ios37 to get my rock band instruments works.
    Should I delete the homebrew channel and reinstall? How do I do that on a already softmoded wii?
    Thanks

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Do you still have the apps folder on the SD Card?

Do you have the hombrew you want HBC to load inside the apps folder?

If not then that is your issue.

If you do then copy all files to PC format the SD Card again then transfer the files back and try that.

Last edited: May 19, 2009
  3. msw777

msw777 Member

I have 3 apps in the apps folder. (each in separate folders)
    "1. Wadmanger"
    "multiisoloader"
    "softchp v92"

I reformatted the card and copied the folders back to the card.
    Same thing...HBC reads sd card, goes to bubble screen, small world icon in the lower right flash 4 times and nothing but bubbles...
    Any other possibilities? Could it be hung up trying to update? I have a encore n router, but I have not had any other issues with it preventing access? Bad install?? Should I delete and reinstall hbc? Not sure how to reinstall hbc on a already modded wii?
    Thank for the help.

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Do you have a non-secure SD Card or a SDHC SD Card?

Are you sure it is 1.0.1 version of HBC and not 1.0.2 version? 1.0.2 has issues with SDHC SD cards.

You have the boot.dol file in Wadmanger, multiisoloader and softchp v92 folder?

Last edited: May 20, 2009
  5. msw777

msw777 Member

It is a 2gb non secure micro sd w/sd adapter. non-sdhc.
    Each apps file has a boot.dol in the folders.
    To exit hbc I press the home button. From that screen in the top right it says 1.0.1?

6. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Could be an issue with using a micro sd card with adapter. I know it worked before but maybe it is having an issue with it now.

Did you happen to delete any IOS using any title deleter?

I have heard of users deleting IOS36 by accident which I think HBC runs under. After they deleted that then HBC no longer worked properly.

7. msw777

msw777 Member

You nailed it! It was the micro sd card itself not the adapter. I used a differnt micro sd and it worked fine. strange I formated it several times ect ect. It reads fine on the computer?

Not to push my luck...but moving on to my real problem of RB instruments. I tried loading ios37 rev7 as ios249 but it failed (-1017) i then tried ios232 and it failed aswell.
    I got the info from here?
    Any sugestions on how I can get my RB instruments working with backup?
    Thanks for your help!

8. larrylje

larrylje Active member

You should be able to install cIOS36_rev8 as well and instruments should work again. The USB issue is only with cIOS36_rev9 and rev10. You will not be able to use SD/USB Loader if you downgrade the cIOS back to rev8. But Wiigator will still work.

You can get cIOS36_rev8 HERE. It will just install over rev9.

If you want to install cIOS37 more then likely you will need any title deleter and delete cIOS249 (IOS249) which cIOS36_rev9 installed to. You then should be able to install cIOS37 like Demonid says. But I would recommend trying cIOS36_rev8 first so you don't have to uninstall anything..

9. msw777

msw777 Member

Thanks I got it to load and it got the mic working. The drums & guitar power on but do not get allocated?
    In searching I have seen lots of different references but nothing definitive with rev8. Do I need to take additional step with rev8 to get the guitar & drums working?