1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with FreeMCBOOT 1.8

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by Kyther, Oct 19, 2010.

1. kasper23

kasper23 Member

What about the problem illustrated by JOAT,when i start my ps2 it loads free mcboot successfully and brings the modified browser.when i select esr it brings the exact screen as Joat is saying,and when it does i am stuck not knowing what to do,when i choose LAUNCAPP it brings a black screen,when i choose OSDSYM it bings me back to the menu. can someone please help.

Kasper

2. kasper23

kasper23 Member

What about the problem illustrated by JOAT,when i start my ps2 it loads free mcboot successfully and brings the modified browser.when i select esr it brings the exact screen as Joat is saying,and when it does i am stuck not knowing what to do,when i choose LAUNCAPP it brings a black screen,when i choose OSDSYM it bings me back to the menu. can someone please help.

Kasper23.

3. Kyther

Kyther Member

if your trying to boot a game from a hdd why dont you just launch the appropriate application from the free mcboot main menu unless you didnt add it to your files when modifying your memory card

4. kasper23

kasper23 Member

That is my worry,i dont know if i have to add opl and usb advance to my application folder before installing free mcboot,i have tried copying opl from my flash stick after a successful install but still in vain.

5. Kyther

Kyther Member

i added everything to my install folder then did the mod everything worked out fine for me so you may want to try it that wayfirst

6. kasper23

kasper23 Member

Kindly advice what type of files which you put in the application folder before the free mcboot installation.

7. Kyther

Kyther Member

esr.elf
    hdloader.elf
    psxlauncher.elf(psone games)
    sms.elf
    USBADVN.elf

they all go into the install folder

8. kasper23

kasper23 Member

thanx,i got what you suggested and i put them into the install folder,i managed to install and i figured out one thing though,i went to free mcboot configurator and played around with the esr path and the like,to my surprise there i was playing Black all night.thanx again.i do need help on one thing though,when i try to play Scarface and a few other games like Pes 10,god hand,midnight club rmx in keeps on hanging on the red,or yellow colors,and the other thing is that i cant get to use my hd loader it keeps on saying hardware error .please help (i am using a maxtor 40 gb hdrive)

9. Kyther

Kyther Member

The games hanging could be compatability issues not all games are backup compatible if you google it theres many lists out there that tell what is and what isnt, i think the skapps site has one to be honest i cant fully recall though. for your hdloader though what are you using one of the original ps2s? im not real familiar with hdloader i have it on mine but it doesnt work i use a usb external and run it through usbadvn.elf it plays the games right off the hdd but only if they are installed with usbextreme on the computer there may be other ways to install them but thats the only one i have used. best of luck to you

Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  10. kasper23

kasper23 Member

thanx, i will be in touch if i need more help.

11. kasper23

kasper23 Member

i managed preety well to install and i am able to play my games very well,though some games freeze time to time on the debug screen.kindly advice what to do here,what applications i can use to play games like god of war 1 and the like.

12. Kyther

Kyther Member

first thing im going to ask is did you check the compatability list to see if there are any bugs to the emulation, secondly have you looked to make sure that they havent released any patches for the particular game again the site i mentioned earlier is a great sorce of imformation do some more research then come back and let me know what you have found out and i will help you if i can right now thats the only bit of info that i can really give on the subject

13. tianli

tianli Member

hope you already done it

14. Kyther

Kyther Member

tianli what are you talking about?

15. kasper23

kasper23 Member

Hi Kyther,sorry i have been away from afterdawn for some time now,thank you so much i have managed to install free mcboot successfully and Snes emulator which is also working except i dont get any sound,am sure that will be worked on too.thanx again

16. Kyther

Kyther Member

great to hear that you got it working kasper i havent used to many emulators on the ps2 i use my original xbox for all that fun stuff so i cant be all that much help on the sound issue with them im sure youll get it though maybe even try a different emulator