need help with mod chip..thx

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by c_william, May 30, 2009.

1. c_william

c_william Member

I have a modded xbox and my mod chip turns on and everything but i get an error code 5.. i remember it use to turn off an on bout three times but that indicated it worked.. it dont even do that anymore. it used to work but i lost the chip so i had another one at my dads not the chip in the xbox but the one with the three green lights an has BANK and FLASH PROTECT.. does anybody know how to manually fix it?? thx

2. TBandit

TBandit Regular member

I cant remember which one error five is but I think it was the one where the dash didnt have a clock because it hasn't been used in a while I think you should look into hotswapping the hdd in the xbox. There's a tutorial around here for that.

3. dennisv9

dennisv9 Regular member

error 5 means that the harddrive is not locked. if you run of a chip, you shouldn't have that problem. since the bios of your chip bypasses the whole issue of needing a locked harddrive. of the chip, you can boot an unlocked harddrive. but if you boot of the ms bios, you need your hdd locked! so either you are not booting of your chip, or your chip isn't working properly.

4. varnull

varnull Guest

sounds like an xecuter2.6 .. have you flashed it?

5. c_william

c_william Member

ok i havent done nothing really to the xbox it worked perfect when i had the other chip. i meen the chip on the motherboard is the same the chip on the out side with the three green lights, lights up the chip on the inside you can see it turn blue so everything is working but i keep getting an error code.. is it because i changed the outside chip with the green lights becasue i lost the originall one but i had one at my dads that was the same thing or is it that i havent used it in a while..