1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with SM 3.6 + Slim Tool

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by mindtweak, Aug 10, 2005.

1. aarong420

aarong420 Member

GREAT NEWS .... yo people..i have good news for all those with new slim line playstation owners and have the problem with the third piece "component C" goin into the place because of the metal clip...Well i dont have pictures, but heres what i did
    first i took a small screw driver and scraper down the plastic on the right hand side of the metal slip, so that the metal slip had about 1 or 2mm extra to play, after it was big enough for the component "C" to go in, i realised the piece wassnt going down far enough to hit the sensor...so i took it back out, and put sum engine gasket sealant on the bottom lip of component "C" about 2 or 3 mm thick, and shaped it in a way so it keeps the same shape...bent back the metal blocking clip and popped that fusker in..it works..So for all you guys out there that cursed when you realised the seen, no worries..BLESS

2. fyusuf1

fyusuf1 Member

your mad...lol..the peice works fine without any adjustments..all you hav to do is..stick tool a and b in place...make sure you look at the pic before you do this...see that theyre in the place theyre meant to be...and with tool c...your just gona hav to fiddle with it..make sure you push down on this tool...i found this to be the problem with mine..once i knew the tool was in the right place...i stuck it there..and mine works fine...just make sure the disc spins without the lid closed...once that happens...you know its working.

3. GunJ

GunJ Member

ok guys I have the exact same problem ... BUT what I would like to ask is: would this protection work with the Metal protected Pstwo V13 ?

photo :

[​IMG]

Thanks for your help

4. miyagi4q

miyagi4q Member

i found it easier covering the sensor in bottom right corner the one near the laser holding lever to right but the one near metal bit was annoying me couldnt do it so someone told me to open ps2 up and cover that one from inside and a touch of blu tac done the job this way the lid gets closed and doesnt gather dust?? warranty stickers void but who cares, on the silver slimline warranty sticker is on the back so it doesnt get void just the new slimlines got sticker at bottom

5. MellowMan

MellowMan Member

What im trying to find out is if all this crap will work on the newest version of the pstwo slimline version 14, its like a act of god to get any replies, ive searched for pstwo ghost covers,they already have all the parts to push in on the sensors... so if anyone can help me out i would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Last edited: Dec 27, 2005
  6. gr8_one

gr8_one Member

I have the newest version of the slimline black pstwo with the metal protection where tool c goes and I brought the 'magic keys 2' set with swap magic 3.6 2 weeks ago and the magic keys fit into their places easily. I have had no problems playing back ups or installing the magic keys 2 on the new version of the slim ps2. So anyone who wants to play backups on their new version of the slimline ps2 I would highly recommend the 'magic keys 2' they are made of steel and are easy to install. Check out this thread for more info on the magic keys 2 http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/1/228691

Last edited: Dec 27, 2005
  7. MellowMan

MellowMan Member

Are you able to close the lid after the installion? i heard some people complaining about that

Thanks

8. aarong420

aarong420 Member

yo im sticking to what ive done...although i had to make another piece out of metal to imitate component "c", it works fine...dependin on how prescice you do it yea, you can close the lid..but mine doesnt close...say what!, its better than paying another 100 US for a ps2 when it fusks up...this ones showin me dought already...does anyone know if low current reads gives bad ps2 play?...because this is the second ps2 ive had and they both do they same thing..DRE's " Disc read error's"
    ?

9. MellowMan

MellowMan Member

Well im hereing good things about the twist tool thats out now, u can check it out here http://www.twisttools.com its not metal and looks a hell of alot easier than dealing with metal. if all else fails on the part c use tape

10. gr8_one

gr8_one Member

Yes you can close the lid of the ps2 after installing the magic keys 2 or have it open if you want it does not matter. As for the twist tool, I have not tried it so I cannot comment on that tool although before getting the magic keys 2 I did consider buying it but just choose to go for the magic keys 2 and I don't have any problems with it. I just don't seem to understand how u can twist plastic and it does not snap. Although the supplier console.com is a trusty seller so I would imagine that it does work as well so if u go for the twisttool let us all know how it worked for you.