Need help with v1.33 Pioneer A05 Firmware problem

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by BlkPnthr, Jun 30, 2003.

1. BlkPnthr

BlkPnthr Guest

I have recently successfully upgraded my firmware from v1.30 to v1.33 however, under WinXP Build 2600, I get the blue screen of death once I reboot the computer. My OS will not install. It comes up with my desktop, tells me new hardware found and then *poof* blue screen of death. It offers a few clues as what to do however, now, I can't boot my system with my DVD Burner hooked up to the IDE cable (A05). Am I screwed? Is there a way to revert back to my previous firmware version? I had some media I was having trouble with and the firmware warned me not to upgrade unless I had the problem...I did...therefore....well..did. Can anyone offer a way to get me out of this predicament?

Thank You

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

You can Downgrade as well, same way you upgraded. Im using the DVRA05 with V1.33 with no problems.

Chris

3. BlkPnthr

BlkPnthr Guest

How do you downgrade? I've tried at the DOS prompt the following strings:

UPGDVD.EXE /F
    UPGDVD.EXE /f
    UPGRADE.BAT

Tells me that if I want to do this, I need to update this utility. If I have the computer start to Windows, then my "New Hardware Found" screen comes up and then *poof* blue screen of death telling me that it did this to avoid hardware problems. I spoke to Pioneer and they told me it was a hardware problem and that I should take it back to the store to doe a 1:1 as I used the Pioneer Firmware flash and chalk it up as a defective drive.

How do you downgrade?

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Download this program and put it on floppy disc or CD. Then set your computer to boot from the floppy preferably and run this program. It will allow you to downgrade your Pioneer DVR104's firmware to its original.

http://www.mplextech.com/drivers/pioneerdvdr/floppy.zip

Chris

5. BlkPnthr

BlkPnthr Guest

Thank you for your assistance. Will give it a try and let you know how it turns out.