Need some recommendations

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by roryt2000, May 19, 2006.

1. roryt2000

roryt2000 Member

Ok, I've had a Samsung DV cam for quite a while now and it's time to upgrade. I want something smaller with clear video and audio, and something that will work well in low light settings. A hard drive would be really nice, but that boosts the price quite a bit. I'm not that concerned with the price as long as it's not ridiculous. Give me some cheaper options as well though. Let me know what you guys think.

2. Bremen

Bremen Guest

I don't know how good your A/V quality is with that paticular camera, but. I have a Sony Handycam DV. not DVD. it works fine and when used with a DV cable and Firewire card it produces superb A/V and i have no problems with it. Camera was around 400 I think and DV cable and Firewire card i got for 20$ together. If you are looking for something that has Even better A/V I suggest a Cannon DV camera. My friend has a lower end Cannon DV and it has amazing quality for the price, which he got for about 600$. Needless to say it makes Great DVDS. Also try Amazon. He got his Cannon there for a steal.

Bremen

3. TimKizzle

TimKizzle Regular member

check out the Sony HC 90

both this and Bremens cannon should be on this site, with good reviews

www.camcorderinfo.com

4. biocrat

biocrat Member

The Sony HC 90 has been discontinued, replaced by the HC 96.

The HC 96 has a large single CCD sensor and is highly rated for low-light, even better than the 3 CCD Panasonic GS500. I'm seeing it online for about $630.

I think the HD recorders have their weaknesses (due to compression), and that for me MiniDV is the way to go to get digital video in its uncompressed form. Just my $0.02.

5. roryt2000

roryt2000 Member

That one looks pretty good. Not too expensive, good in low light settings and it's gotten good reviews. I think I'm gonna get it. Thanks for your input. :)

Last edited: Jul 28, 2006